Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Gaming Do you remember your first console?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
If you are a gamer, you may remember the first ever console you owned and played on. Some of us will have received our first song as a present for either our birthday or Christmas.

I always remember mine and my brother's first console, it was the Sega Master System and I always remember Alex The Kidd being built into the console. That was one of my favourite games growing up as well as the Sonic the Hedgehog games as well.

Do you remember your first console?

Yes! My first console was a PlayStation 2. My uncle gifted it to me and my brother when we were kids. I remember playing Star Wars and Shadow the Hedgehog. Great memories!

For me my first console was the Sega Genesis. We also owned a Super Nintendo at the time but my first game played was Sonic The Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. It was all downhill from there as they say :p

I've been a Sega fan my whole life since and my favorite console of all time is Sega's last console, the Sega Dreamcast. I have fond memories of all the sega consoles but some of my best memories are with the Dreamcast.

Super Nintendo was my first ever game console. We played all the classics on it; Donkey Kong, Mario, Ms. Pacman, Q*Bert, etc.

Super Nintendo was my first ever game console. We played all the classics on it; Donkey Kong, Mario, Ms. Pacman, Q*Bert, etc.
Did you ever play Yoshi's Island? That was one of my favourite games on the Super Nintendo. I believe you can still get it on the Nintendo Switch now if you have Nintendo Online and I have yet to go back and play it when I have some time :)

The first console I ever owned was a Model 2 Sega Genesis. I got it in 1998, my father bought it for me at a local game store. I didn't think it was a Genesis at first since I had only played the Model 1 up to that point, but once I read the logo on the console I knew it was a Genesis lol. I still have that console too, and it still works just fine.

Did you ever play Yoshi's Island? That was one of my favourite games on the Super Nintendo. I believe you can still get it on the Nintendo Switch now if you have Nintendo Online and I have yet to go back and play it when I have some time
Don't think I have, and I have neither of those at the moment.

First console i owned (only for me) was a Gameboy Color. I remember playing Oracle of Ages.. Link between worlds.. a super poor Donkey Kong port and Pokemon games, would spend all afternoons trying to build up a decent team to beat my classmates!

I really was the portable kind of dude, sticked even to the 3ds till the last days..

First console i owned (only for me) was a Gameboy Color. I remember playing Oracle of Ages.. Link between worlds.. a super poor Donkey Kong port and Pokemon games, would spend all afternoons trying to build up a decent team to beat my classmates!

I really was the portable kind of dude, sticked even to the 3ds till the last days..
I miss the days where I'd bring my GBC to school and battle classmates lol, those were much simpler times. I still love Pokemon, I know there's lots of fans who jumped ship after gen 4 but I honestly think Diamond and Pearl were the worse games in the series.

Yes, because it was the *only* console I kind of got into :p . It was a Dreamcast, which I got second-hand in 2002 from my cousin.

I miss the days where I'd bring my GBC to school and battle classmates lol, those were much simpler times. I still love Pokemon, I know there's lots of fans who jumped ship after gen 4 but I honestly think Diamond and Pearl were the worse games in the series.
Those weren't special at all. Not a memorable game IMO, also the "remasters" were bad except for the music.

Those weren't special at all. Not a memorable game IMO, also the "remasters" were bad except for the music.
Oh yeah Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are the worse games in the series. The music was good and that's it, I completely agree with you lol. It was such a disappointment too. :\ I was really looking forward to the remakes.

Oh yeah Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are the worse games in the series. The music was good and that's it, I completely agree with you lol. It was such a disappointment too. :\ I was really looking forward to the remakes.
My favorite city was Goldenrod City in the Gen 2 games (Silver/Crystal/Gold) but overall, the game was butchered. How can you mess up a game having even more resources (graphics, CPU, sprites, etc.) and just pimp the music? I know the game is more fluid but totally lacks the magic of the Safari Zone for example.

If I remember correctly, I think my first console was a handheld, the Nintendo DS. I remember when I was always playing Cooking Mama on my Nintendo DS. Pretty sure I still have it somewhere around.

I bought playstation 4 in 2016, it was the first console I bought. Even though I used to play games on PC and mobile phone sometimes, I started gaming in a true sense only in 2016. I used the console for a couple of years and then sold it to by a gaming laptop, later I bought playstation 5, and currently I own playstation 5

I know that the first console that was in my family was a Dendy that was bought for my older brother and I only remember a few moments from my childhood when we played, but now I can't even remember what the games looked like

My favorite console is the PSP. It still works, allowing you to play visual novel games on it

Yes like it was yesterday.
I had a game boy when I was young and also had a PlayStation 1 and 2. It was a very captivating experience and I enjoyed my childhood.

Yes! My first console was a PlayStation 2. My uncle gifted it to me and my brother when we were kids. I remember playing Star Wars and Shadow the Hedgehog. Great memories!

My uncle had a Playstation 2 when I was growing up as well. I was not keen to play video games as a kid then as I was just focused on enjoying the little plays and nothing more. I now understand that the PS 2 was one of his favorites.

Back