Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you remember the mobile numbers of your loved ones and friends?

I have the numbers of my uncle and my younger brother memorized. I think those are the only two people I might need when I need sudden help. We have an unwritten family code that not for any reason should one's phone stay off on case of an emergency.

To be honest, I can barely remember my own mobile number these days, let alone the numbers of my friends and family. With contact lists and speed dial, actually memorizing phone numbers feels like a relic of the past. I can probably recall my parents' numbers from childhood, but anything beyond that is hit or miss. I'm definitely guilty of being too reliant on my phone's address book. Maybe I should make more of an effort to commit important numbers to memory just in case!

It happens, I remember many numbers, but mine I forget often. I struggle a bit when someone asks my number and tell them after checking my phone or notes.

I have 3 siblings in addition to my parents, making us 5 in the family. I can proudly say that I know the mobile numbers of everyone by heart. It would be weird if I don't, right?

No, not these days. I only have a few family members' phone numbers stored in my memory for emergencies. I used to be able to memorize a lot of numbers when I was younger, but as I get older, I find it harder and harder to do so.

No, not these days. I only have a few family members' phone numbers stored in my memory for emergencies. I used to be able to memorize a lot of numbers when I was younger, but as I get older, I find it harder and harder to do so.
Those information have probably been replaced by some other things. Besides, it's not a must to know those numbers by heart when they are already saved on the phone.

Those information have probably been replaced by some other things. Besides, it's not a must to know those numbers by heart when they are already saved on the phone.

No, we should memorize at least a few numbers for a situation. Supposing our phone is not working and we have to make a call from another phone, we may be able to call someone we know.
Yes, these days we don't need to memorize phone numbers when we can save them on the mobile phone itself.

l only remember the numbers for the very close people to me like my wife, blood brothers and sisters.
Same but even at that, there are times I tend to mix up a few numbers while trying to dail it.

our phone is not working and we have to make a call from another phone, we may be able to call someone we know.

This true. The same if we lost our phone or got into some difficult situation.

I remember a few of the ones I call daily and for others we have our smartphone to save it

I remember a few of the ones I call daily and for others we have our smartphone to save it

What happens when smart phone is lost or doesn't open? How will you call others whose phone numbers you don't remember and you are at a place where you don't know anyone? This is hypothetical situation, I know you will manage.

I only know my parents mobile numbers, others I'm not interested in knowing them. I'm not good with memorizing numbers, that's why I don't know the others, no matter how close they are.

What happens when smart phone is lost or doesn't open? How will you call others whose phone numbers you don't remember and you are at a place where you don't know anyone? This is hypothetical situation, I know you will manage.
As I said I remember the numbers of my family and also of a few other people and these days we can get a backup of our phone and can get that on new phone whenever we login our email and can also get those contacts if we login on computer with our email and extract the contacts

As for me I will still be safe because I know quite a few numbers by heart. There is no way I will call all of them and still be stranded.

As for me I will still be safe because I know quite a few numbers by heart. There is no way I will call all of them and still be stranded.

Good for you 😀; you seem to have a good memory. And what about the people whose memory is reduced now because of their age or because of the facility to save numbers on the phone? The same is true of calculators; now people want a calculator even for simple calculations.

I remember a lot of numbers. This was necessary because I very often got into a situation when I had to call from a phone other than my own. I know the number of my husband and my sister.

It's not possible to remember of all and I remember of only those with whom I talk like every day or week

I remember that in the past, I used to remember the mobile numbers of people easily. It may be that my memory in those days was sharp, but now that I have the facility of a mobile phone where we can save the numbers, I don't take the burden of memorizing the phone numbers, and there are a few numbers like those of my wife, elder brother, father, and kids that I only remember. Do you still remember the phone numbers of people, or just close ones?

I was so good at it. But now we are so dependent on easily accessible mobile phone for everything that we hardly use our memory. But still at least, U remeber few important ones like that of my husband, children and my mom.

I was so good at it. But now we are so dependent on easily accessible mobile phone for everything that we hardly use our memory. But still at least, U remeber few important ones like that of my husband, children and my mom.

Maybe gadgets like calculators and mobile phones have affected our memories. Now it has become difficult for us to do simple calculations as we are more dependent on calculators for them. I have always preferred that my kids not use calculators so that they use basic mathematics for the calculations.

Back