Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Gaming Do you prefer Xbox or PlayStation?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
If you are someone who enjoys playing video games, you may even have a console that you prefer to play on as well.

The biggest debate seems to be between the PlayStation and the Xbox a lot of the time. Those who have a choice usually have a reason for their choice and I always say you should go for what you prefer to use.

When it comes between the Xbox and PlayStation, which console do you prefer?

PlayStation all the way! I had a Xbox 360 growing up, a PS4 after that and now a PS5 - let’s put it this way, I wouldn’t go back to Xbox ever again! :p

I own both. I play my Xbox more thanks to my other half and some friends I've met through Mixer. I do like both but I find I get more bang for my buck with my Xbox and Game Pass. :) Sony raised the pricing for their Plus memberships now and aren't really giving anything to make the increase worth it to be honest. I like my PS5 for some great exclusives, but all my multi-platform games I get on Xbox and i prefer the Xbox controller over the PS5's controller if I'm being honest.

I own both. I play my Xbox more thanks to my other half and some friends I've met through Mixer. I do like both but I find I get more bang for my buck with my Xbox and Game Pass. :) Sony raised the pricing for their Plus memberships now and aren't really giving anything to make the increase worth it to be honest. I like my PS5 for some great exclusives, but all my multi-platform games I get on Xbox and i prefer the Xbox controller over the PS5's controller if I'm being honest.
I could never get on with the controller on The PS5 if I am honest, I always found it to be difficult to use if you had small hands and I have small hands. The Xbox controller with the layout of the thumbstick always seemed more comfortable to use.

Playstation have been my favourite gaming console since I began playing video games. Xbox is good especially Xbox 360. It's the best selling Xbox console till date. I played on it a few times.

Now I only have a PS5. I used to have a 360, One but I wasnt really happy with this release so PS5 all the way.

I prefer Xbox. The Xbox controller is comfortable to use whereas the PlayStation controller has never been comfortable to use.
I've always been an Xbox player as well. Was never really on PlayStation.

I own both a PS5 and a Xbox One, I do plan on getting a Series X at some point. (Perhaps I'll get one this year!) I went with the PS5 since when it first came out there were exclusives for the console, whereas all the games being released on the Series X/S were also compatible with the Xbox One so I didn't feel the need to upgrade yet. Now that there are some games I wish to play on the Xbox Series X I think it's time to upgrade. I like both consoles, growing up I was more of a Playstation fan since I didn't really know too many people who had an original Xbox. But honestly if I had more exposure to the console, I would have loved it more than the PS2 and Gamecube since it was ahead of it's time. I thought it was cool you could listen to your own music while playing your games! Plus it was the easiest to mod back in the day.

I have never owned xbox I have used Playstation 4 and currently I own Playstation5. Since I do not have experience with Xbox, I cannot say how Xbox compares with playstation. I have no particularly reason why I chose playstation, maybe because this was the most popular video game console in the market.

I never owned my own console because I always had much more important goals to buy, but I managed to play both Xbox and PlayStation. I can't rate it fairly because I spent no more than 5 hours on it in total, but at first glance I liked the PlayStation more

I find a playstation very easy to navigate and use. The X Box for me is always complex often requiring an internet connection for most things. You can run a playstation for years without ever connecting to the internet and it would still work fine but I don't think that's is possible with XBox.

I like PS more these days. Possibly because my cousin brags about it all the time. He is a big time PS fan and owns many premium titles.

He is like a full time gamer and that is what he talks all the time.

I like PS more these days. Possibly because my cousin brags about it all the time. He is a big time PS fan and owns many premium titles.

He is like a full time gamer and that is what he talks all the time.
My cousin once also convinced me that a console is better than a computer and it's a constant topic of argument between us because we could never convince each other otherwise.

Yes, fanboys are hard to argue with.

Younger generation is more towards consoles. They do not like the idea of setting up everything on a PC.

Frankly speaking, I have never used xbox. I have always used PlayStation. In fact I have not used other consoles apart from PlayStation. Since I do not have any experience with other consoles, I do not know how other consoles compare with PlayStation.

We get to try them in malls. I never opted because I am not an enthusiast. A lot of my friends used to take the slot and try to get a first hand feel.

PlayStation but I am not an enthusiast
I will get a PlayStation 5 pro if it is good enough

My focus is on enjoying the games that I play. However, when I am pressed to pick one, I will have to go with the Xbox consoles. They are durable and strong and one that I can use for a very long period of time.

I don't have any reason to pick PlayStation consoles even when it seems that they are more popular here.

I owned a PlayStation 4 and in my opinion it is much better than Xbox, but it was a long time ago and a lot could have changed. I know that the Playstation has cooling problems right now

I would go with play station because I know more about it compared to Xbox. Play station is more popular over hear and I have seen lots of games I would like to pay on the console.

Back