Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Do you prefer watching movies in theatres or at home?

Before pandemic, my husband and I were very frequent to movie theatres. We both are movie buffs and we watch few movies on the weekends. After pandemic, we prefer to watch movies at home on Netflix and Amazon Prime. We have enough good options available on these platforms and few others like YouTube. It's convenient and more cost effective. Moreover, we can leave it if we don't like it.
We go out to theatres only if it's cinematic and worth watching on a big screen.
That's nice, have you ever bought a movie ticket only to watch the movie and it's completely trash, then you start regretting why you wasted money coming to watch it? Have you had such regrets before or that kind of experience.

That's nice, have you ever bought a movie ticket only to watch the movie and it's completely trash, then you start regretting why you wasted money coming to watch it? Have you had such regrets before or that kind of experience.
Several times. The recent one was the movie Jawan that watched last year in 2023. It was in October or November. The movie surprisingly was a big blockbuster and our expectations were high. Especially with the star cast of Shahrukh and other superstar. It was projected as a fantastic action and thriller. But it was a huge disappointment. We kept waiting for the good part to come, but the movie got dragged and ended without offering anything good. We literally had a headache.

Several times. The recent one was the movie Jawan that watched last year in 2023. It was in October or November. The movie surprisingly was a big blockbuster and our expectations were high. Especially with the star cast of Shahrukh and other superstar. It was projected as a fantastic action and thriller. But it was a huge disappointment. We kept waiting for the good part to come, but the movie got dragged and ended without offering anything good. We literally had a headache.
LoL I can imagine how annoying it must have been. I have heard that name Jawan before, it sounds really familiar but I am yet to watch it though. It's been long I watched an India movie.

I prefer cinemas. Everything is much better there than at home. And some pictures and sound are better and very comfortable chairs. Also, the prices are not very high, that is, I can afford it. But the cinema does not show old movies, only those that have been released recently, so I still have to watch some old movies at home

I prefer to watch movies in the theater. Watching a movie on a big screen gives you a different feeling than when you watch it at home. I know it is expensive, but if you don't buy popcorn and cold drinks, it would be worth the money you spend on the tickets.

I prefer watch movies at home because it's save money and time as well as and you can skip movie as your wish

You know, I gotta say, there's something unbeatable about catching a movie in theaters. Big screen, booming sound, popcorn in hand – it's just a totally different vibe than watching at home on the couch. Feels way more immersive, like you're actually part of the action!

I prefer to watch movies in the theater. Watching a movie on a big screen gives you a different feeling than when you watch it at home. I know it is expensive, but if you don't buy popcorn and cold drinks, it would be worth the money you spend on the tickets.
Yes, if it's a movie worth watching, especially with the cinematic experience, I would prefer a big screen. It is worth the money spent. I try to get a weekday slot which we can make. Weekday tickets are reasonably priced. It gets double on weekends.

Considering how expensive watching movies in the theaters are, I will pass. Maybe I will buy popcorn and drink, sit at my house and pretend I'm at the movie theater!

Considering how expensive watching movies in the theaters are, I will pass. Maybe I will buy popcorn and drink, sit at my house and pretend I'm at the movie theater!

🤣 That's what I will like to do but my kids don't like it and insist on to go to a theater at least once in six months and that's fine too.

After the popularity of OTT platforms have increased, most people prefer that. It's convenient too. One can enjoy it at their pace and also in their free time. And it's not expensive. Our theater trips have reduced drastically. We will only go if we hear about a movie with good cinematic experience. Some movies are worth watching on a big screen.

🤣 That's what I will like to do but my kids don't like it and insist on to go to a theater at least once in six months and that's fine too.
Okay, in all honesty, going to movie theaters with your family once in a while is not bad.

at home. definitely nicer without all the crowds
Nice at home is much better

This is what is happening all over the globe.

People used to go to cinema halls because

1. It was available nowhere else
2. Viewing and audio experience
3. The ambience

These days, you can get these at home with all bells and whistles.
True

Okay, in all honesty, going to movie theaters with your family once in a while is not bad.

I also think it's not bad because kids get time to refresh themself as most of the time they are stressed with the studies. Every time they have to prepare for the exams. That's how they get sort of refreshment. And this is why they demand me to go to the theater once in a while.

Actually, it's a good family time . And one can afford to do it once in six months. As such we don't get many movies these days that are family movies and can be watched with the whole family. Most have gross scenes or too much of violence or foul language. Very few releases are for family, especially with younger kids.

Featured Articles

Back