Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Contest will be announced within the next day or so! Stay tuned!

Do you prefer Homemade or Restaurant food?

Ray

Active Contributor

Reaction score
For me, it's going to be homemade food hands down. I don't like eating out unless I must. It's easier cooking my food to my taste than buying from restaurant. It's also way cheaper to cook than eat at restaurants.

What do you like more?

oh Restaurant all the time

I'd like to be able to eat and not feel sick

I don't go out and eat at restaurants often so I'd have to go for homemade food.
I love homemade food.

I practically had to spend a huge amount of money on buying both a refrigerator and deep freezer because I love cooking my meals in larger quantities and have them stored there to be taking it portions to warn and eat when I want to. I don't have to cook new food all the time with using my refrigerator this way.

I prefer to have home-made food always as they are super healthy and cheap at the same time compared to food from restaurants. But since I'm staying alone away from home, I end up having a lot of outside food, which I know is not that healthy so I try to minimize it as much as possible but yeah, still I end up having them at least 2-3 days a week.

If you don't know how to cook or have anyone who is living with you that can cook very well, there isn't much option left for you but to eat restaurant food all the time. Depending on the restaurant which you're eating from, it might be cheaper or expensive. How much do you spend on food every week?

I am someone that likes to cook. So, you can imagine when I tell you that I don't like homemade meals, then I am telling a lie! I enjoy more home-made meals than having to eat out. There are some meals that are made outside that are not what we thought that they are. So, to stay safe, I make most of my meals at home.

I am someone that likes to cook. So, you can imagine when I tell you that I don't like homemade meals, then I am telling a lie! I enjoy more home-made meals than having to eat out. There are some meals that are made outside that are not what we thought that they are. So, to stay safe, I make most of my meals at home.
Home made food are always special to me. It's why since I know how to cook, it's my pleasure to cook whatever I want to eat. If it's a food which I don't know how to cook, I can make use of YouTube food channels to learn how to cook the food quickly. After watching about 3 videos of how to make the food, I will know how to cook it.

I can't cook very well and I'm still a bachelor. This makes cooking very difficult because I can't eat it all before getting tired of the food. It's why I eat out more often.

I have faced several illnesses for eating food at restaurants all the time so I have decided to cook on home something to eat and disclose or end up purchasing food from restaurants for healthy reasons. They are not healthy at all.

I have faced several illnesses for eating food at restaurants all the time so I have decided to cook on home something to eat and disclose or end up purchasing food from restaurants for healthy reasons. They are not healthy at all.
This is not the first time I have heard about this issue with those who eat very often at restaurants. If you're going to be using restaurants to eat, it's vital to make sure the restaurant have a strong sense of hygiene. It will make their food to be healthy.

I've felt sick once from eating restaurant food. It wasn't enough to stop me from eating out at the restaurant. If it repeats one more time, I'll quit using restaurants.

I've felt sick once from eating restaurant food. It wasn't enough to stop me from eating out at the restaurant. If it repeats one more time, I'll quit using restaurants.
I would advise you not to wait until you have a second experience before you stop eating at restaurants. You might end up finding yourself in a very bad state which may have you hospitalised. If you can cook your meals, it's better to start doing it now.

I will never choose restaurant food over the food that my mother cooks, but since I live alone, I cook for myself, so I will not choose my food over restaurant food, because if I didn't try, I could cook something like pasta and it wouldn't taste good. will be like in a restaurant

Mothers are so wonderful when it comes to cooking food and feeding their family. My mother did it with so much pride when I was still at home living with them. There was never a time you will come home and there would not be a food for you to eat. I loved her so much for doing that.

I am a kind of person that loves to be in charge of what comes in to my body in terms of food. I believe that to a very large extent, it defines our health. Cooking by yourself helps you to be in charge of the spices that you use according to the optimum needs of your body. That's why I prefer eating at home.

I have a personal liking for both types of meals, but when it comes to saving money, I prefer home-cooked meals. Preparing home-cooked meals has become an integral part of my daily routine, as it not only helps me save money but also provides me with the assurance of knowing the exact ingredients that go into my food. Due to my chronic illness, I am careful not to add an excessive amount of salt to my food. Cooking at home has allowed me to experiment with an array of herbs to enhance the flavor of my dishes. With each passing day, I am improving my culinary skills, and I know that with consistent practice, I will become a seasoned home cook in no time.

I prefer restaurant food because I never liked to cook. My mother often taught me as a child, but I really don't like it. It's easier for me to pay the money and try something new every day. Moreover, I always go to a restaurant with my boyfriend and we pay half as much, so it's even cheaper

On the one hand I like to take my girl out to restaurants in order to spoil her. On the other hand there is an employee shortage so these eateries are forced to hire substandard staff. They demand a 20% tip these days. Should I have to pay 20% of the bill for surly service from someone who just brought out my plates and refilled my water glass once? For this I should have to pay $8 or more tip?

I prefer home cooked food to restaurant food and mostly have home cooked food during the week and only on Sundays I order food from restaurant and that is to change the taste and to relax.

Featured Articles

Back