Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you prefer driving yourself or being driven

Stardom22

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Although not being in the position to own a car or cars for the time being, l would like to drive on my own car when l posses one. One enjoys the thrill of driving and the excitement of the new car. Driving your own car gives you the sensational effect for being more cautious with the car.

I really don't trust most peoples driving so I prefer to be the one behind the wheel.

I only wish to be driven only when I am tired. But when I am sound and strong, I prefer to drive myself because I try very hard to be careful and conscious while driving. I have been driving for almost 10 years now without a singular accident.

I prefer to drive because mostly I believe the person driving is driving so slowly

My left eye had a stroke 10 years ago and I have not been able to drive since. It bothered me at first but I am used to it now.

My left eye had a stroke 10 years ago and I have not been able to drive since. It bothered me at first but I am used to it now.
Sorry about it. So how you manage to travel to job Or when you need to go outside to a doctor or friend or for any other reason?

If I have the means I think I we prefer driving myself. I don't need to stress someone else to do something I am capable of doing myself.

I am quite a young person and it doesn't sound nice for someone to drive me around. I don't own a car though but I have a license. If I am going out on a car with someone, especially someone older, I prefer to drive. It is a respect thing to me. I won't drive only if the car owner says I shouldn't.

It depends on my mood and mostly I prefer to drive and it's only when I am not feeling 100% that I like to be driven

I like being driven by my personal driver. To be honest, I believe that driving is a big work, and I don't have the energy to keep driving on a daily basis.

This means that I should hire a driver who should ensure that I go around to a place that I would want to visit. My hubby understood that and hired a driver for me.

I like to be the driver. As a man, driving myself is far better for me than not doing so.

I have had a couple of cars, and I never had one driver paid to drive me as it doesn't make any meaning to me.

I like both because it all depends on the conditions. After all, when I have to drive through the narrow streets of the city and stand in traffic jams, I don't like it, but if I have to go somewhere far on the freeway, then I like it

I don't have my own car yet, but when I do I'll prefer to be driving myself instead of having a driver. There's this feeling of satisfaction are usually get whenever I drive I drive. I have my license so when I get my car I will drive myself.

I am quite a young person and it doesn't sound nice for someone to drive me around. I don't own a car though but I have a license. If I am going out on a car with someone, especially someone older, I prefer to drive. It is a respect thing to me. I won't drive only if the car owner says I shouldn't.
Yes my thoughts exactly. As long as I can do it, I would rather do it myself than have someone do it for me. It would just feel weird, unless the person insists on doing the driving.

Whenever you let someone else drive you are basically putting your life in their hands. Some people are fools who really don't know what they are doing. Why hop in as a passenger? No thank you, I'm driving.:cool:

If there is a good and safe driver, I would love to be driven around. I don't trust many ,especially in our kind of roads and traffic conditions. I prefer to drive around. But then it's quite tiring too. I would love to be driven around if we have a good and safe driver.

If there is a good and safe driver, I would love to be driven around. I don't trust many ,especially in our kind of roads and traffic conditions. I prefer to drive around. But then it's quite tiring too. I would love to be driven around if we have a good and safe driver.
Yes that's true, driving for long can be pretty tiring or even stressful. I have even seen some people have cramps just from driving for a long period of time in a pumpy road.

Yes that's true, driving for long can be pretty tiring or even stressful. I have even seen some people have cramps just from driving for a long period of time in a pumpy road.
I have personal experience with that. I started driving very young and have been driving for more than two decades now. Almost three decades. I have been to many different countries and have driven on their roads with International drivers permit. Back in India, we have bad traffic congestions and driving needs lot of maneuvering. It's tiring. With a gear shift car model, you have to be constantly placing your feet on clutch, brake and accelerator. It can take a toll on your knees in long drives. I have recently shifted to auto gear as my knees could no longer cope with it.

I have personal experience with that. I started driving very young and have been driving for more than two decades now. Almost three decades. I have been to many different countries and have driven on their roads with International drivers permit. Back in India, we have bad traffic congestions and driving needs lot of maneuvering. It's tiring. With a gear shift car model, you have to be constantly placing your feet on clutch, brake and accelerator. It can take a toll on your knees in long drives. I have recently shifted to auto gear as my knees could no longer cope with it.
I can imagine, like over here in my country, there is a popular saying that if you can drive in our roads, you can drive anywhere in the world LoL. The roads are so bad, not to mention traffics and the likes. Though there are places with good roads.

As someone who consider driving to be a hobby, the last thing I will ever do is higher a driver to drive me around. I drive myself around everytime. Even when I get old I don't think I would still want to be driven.

Featured Articles

Back