Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you make use of VPN?

Ja sa bong

Veteran

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on using VPN? Do you see it as something which is very important and must be used at all times whenever you want to do anything online or it's what you can use once in a while? If you're using VPN, which one would you consider to be the best?

I use VPN a lot, to access websites that have been banned by my internet provider (it's not the websites you're thinking about lol) and also to access content only available in certain countries, such as Netflix US. I used to use NordVPN but my subscription expired so I use Free VPN at the moment.

I never really use a VPN, but here lately I've been thinking about trying out Proton's free VPN. I don't think I ever want to use NordVPN since I've heard they've been hacked a few times. I'm not sure about Surf Shark though.

I don't make use of VPN because they are not useful for me in anyway. All the website that I'm making use of are always very secure and I don't have anything to worry about being spied on accessing those websites.

I've used VPN in the past when I was trying to work on survey websites. My country was blacklisted from using the website, it was why I had to use VPN to bypass the security.

I think using a VPN is important for protecting our online privacy and security. It's recommended to use a VPN whenever we're online, especially when accessing sensitive information or using public Wi-Fi. There are several good VPN options available among which the one I'm using is Norton Secure VPN.

I have used so many forums over the years, recently so many of them have a policy against using VPN by any member to have access to their websites. This kind of policy will affect so many people from using the forums which doesn't allow the use of VPNs. There should be a balance on how VPNs are used on forums.

I don't make use of VPN because they are not useful for me in anyway. All the website that I'm making use of are always very secure and I don't have anything to worry about being spied on accessing those websites.

I do not see any need for me to be using VPN on my mobile. I have made use of it in the past for most of the mobile games that are not accessible in my region, but that is in the past. Nowadays, I play very little games, and it means I don't have to make use of the VPN.

Kaspersky Internet Security always forces me to use VPN the fact of repeated notifications to activate it every time but I always do not allow it to be opened every start-up of my gadget device. Because if I accept my account will be banned on all platforms.

I have added VPN browser extension on my computer and also use a VPN app on my phone. I use VPN only when have to use a site that has been blocked in our country. For instance, TikTok is banned here but I run ads through Tiktok, therefore, I use VPN to access TikTok.

I have added VPN browser extension on my computer and also use a VPN app on my phone. I use VPN only when have to use a site that has been blocked in our country. For instance, TikTok is banned here but I run ads through Tiktok, therefore, I use VPN to access TikTok.
I have faced issues with letting the Opera VPN browser open while browsing some PTP by error. I am subscribed to their VPN service. I was affected by the ban on these PTP and contacted owners to resolve the problem and revoke the ban. It could be the reason for being banned. Later I activated Opera GX profiles so if I do not need VPN service I browse from GX Profiles.

VPN is good to an extent. There are ways malicious actors can bypass it though. A very simple example is the use of JS in browsers.

VPN helps access geo blocked content, bypass IP blocks and a lot of other stuff.

I use VPN regularly for both privacy and security reasons. Having a virtual private network encrypts my internet traffic and masks my IP address, preventing my online activities from being tracked by my internet service provider, websites, or other third parties.

I have never used a VPN, never really had any real need to but I have been studying VPN apps lately. That's because I am not able to access Binance from my country. And people have really been recommending Nord VPN for me.

Normally I do not make use of VPN, but recently I started using one. We had serious network issue for weeks over here and I could not access my luno wallet, so I had to rely on VPN to access my crypto wallet.

I understand the importance of VPN in a happy world, because in this way people try to hide some information about themselves, but I do not use VPN that often, but only to gain access to some sites that are not available to me

It was years ago when I tried to access a banned website but from a long time now, I haven't tried any VPN as I can easily access all websites

It was years ago when I tried to access a banned website but from a long time now, I haven't tried any VPN as I can easily access all websites
A website banned you for using VPN? I guess maybe it was one of their rules and you did not know of it.

There are a lot of websites that normally do not allow members to use VPN and some usually result to banning if caught. Especially these earning sites.

Even brave offers paid vpn service you did not need to focus a lot for one.

Back