Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you have to have the latest gadgets?

If my old gadget is still working perfectly well, and I can still use it to access everything I need to access, then I don't see a need of getting a new one, even if it's trending.
Exactly, this is what we refer to as maturity level. If you do research well, you will find out that most people that have the mentality of being up to date with the latest gadgets is because they don't have responsibilities to take care of.

I don't have any such problem where I cannot work without latest gadgets and prefer to change when I feel they are not working properly

I don't have any such problem where I cannot work without latest gadgets and prefer to change when I feel they are not working properly
That is how it should be. I usually change my gadgets when they are malfunctioning and I know that it is time to get a replacement. But changing my phone when it is still working fine? No thanks.

Only those are into trying all new gadgets go for latest gadgets and they normally sell off the old ones quickly

Only those are into trying all new gadgets go for latest gadgets and they normally sell off the old ones quickly
So what exactly do they gain by doing that every time? What is the joy in using the phone for just a few months only for you to offload it for another one?

So what exactly do they gain by doing that every time? What is the joy in using the phone for just a few months only for you to offload it for another one?
Some people have this tendency to own new gadgets even if they are selling that off in a couple of months at a loss but just to satisfy their so called fantasy they are buying all the new gadgets

Some people have this tendency to own new gadgets even if they are selling that off in a couple of months at a loss but just to satisfy their so called fantasy they are buying all the new gadgets
That simply means they don't have anything better to do with their assets. They could have been channeling it to some tangible investments that will be bringing in passive income.

Yea that's true, they probably do not have anything reasonable to do with their money or for most of them they do not know their needs from their wants.

I do like to go for the latest gadget when I am planning to get a new one even if its expensive but I don't like to own one everytime a new one arrives in the market

I do like to go for the latest gadget when I am planning to get a new one even if its expensive but I don't like to own one everytime a new one arrives in the market
Of course, if I'm planning to get a gadgets I will not go for a used one. I'll go for the one that is brand new, that way I will never have to worry about whether the phone was stolen or not.

If your gadget is functionnal there is no need to go to the latest gadget because there is no reason to do that, this is to resume everything. We are not someone rich to spend money on latest product on the market.

I don't always prefer the latest and upgraded gadgets. Untill I am able to work with the old gadgets it's fine , once they stop working I upgrade them or buy a new one. I don't waste money on the gadgets.

I don't always prefer the latest and upgraded gadgets. Untill I am able to work with the old gadgets it's fine , once they stop working I upgrade them or buy a new one. I don't waste money on the gadgets.
Exactly especially when there are other things to channel the money to. Trying to keep up with the latest gadgets is absolutely unnecessary.

Exactly especially when there are other things to channel the money to. Trying to keep up with the latest gadgets is absolutely unnecessary.

When you can upgrade your gadgets for less money than the new gadget, then why waste money? I always try to save money by not spending it on unessential things. I have seen people who are always eager to buy new gadgets or new versions. They don't bother spending money on it.

Of course, if I'm planning to get a gadgets I will not go for a used one. I'll go for the one that is brand new, that way I will never have to worry about whether the phone was stolen or not.
This is how it should be, we don't need to go for a new one everytime there is a new launch but should buy the best and latest when we need to

This is how it should be, we don't need to go for a new one everytime there is a new launch but should buy the best and latest when we need to
Valid✅. Most people feel oppressed by others that's why they do it. But who cares?

Are you a person that has to have the latest gadgets or do you prefer to wait until the time is right to upgrade your phone or computer? I've had my iPhone XR for two years now and I don't really see myself upgrading until my phone starts acting up. I don't mind waiting to upgrade, since if you do wait you can get newer phones when they go on sale when a new model is released.
No I'm having a local gadget but trying to upgrade

I don't like to waste money like that and go for a new gadget when I need a new one and then I will go for the latest and the best

I do not like putting myself in a lot of pressure, so I don't stress about the latest gadgets and the likes. As long as what I have still works, am good to go.

I don't get to chase having the latest gadgets. As far as the current gadgets that I have can serve me well, I don't bother with having the latest ones till the current one I am using is completely depreciated.

Back