Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you enable Two Factor Authentication in your forum?

I don't have a forum though, but if I had one would first carry out a survey on how many persons would want a two factor authentication before going along with it.

In my very brief online forum experience I didn't noticed any forum that has two factor authentication. I haven't disabled it for amazon too

2FA is very important especially to these large forums. I don't have a forum for myself but all my social media accounts and the personal emails have 2FA because I can't deal with the loss if I lose any of my account to these thieves.

I have enabled on my forum and it’s impossible for anyone to access an admin/staff member without their email.

Everytime you try to access one of their accounts, you’ll get a code to your email and you’ll have to use that code just to login.

If there's nothing like earning money in a forum, I don't see the need to enable 2FA for all members. Who would want to steal such accounts when there's no benefit to it?
That's why I am not worried to put 2FA in any forums that I am writing on. Besides, nobody can touch my phone or laptop except I gave them permission to do that.

That's why I am not worried to put 2FA in any forums that I am writing on. Besides, nobody can touch my phone or laptop except I gave them permission to do that.

It is also very important for you to make sure that you don't click on any suspicious links because that will eventually lead to hacking your account since you don't have your account 2FA enabled.

Back