Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Do you always sleep off watching movies at night?

I remember when growing up, I used to think my parents, especially my dad has super powers because they could stay for hours watching the news and I don't even understand a thing they are saying.
I particularly find news to be completely boring when I was young. Why watch news when I can watch interesting movies? 🙄

I don't really watch movies till late in the night. There's a limit to how much I can watch, once I see that bed time has arrived, I turn of the TV and go to sleep.

I particularly find news to be completely boring when I was young. Why watch news when I can watch interesting movies? 🙄
Hehe, even now if am to be honest I still find it a bit boring but I just watch it most times because I need to know what is happening.

Hehe, even now if am to be honest I still find it a bit boring but I just watch it most times because I need to know what is happening.
Yes, just to be up to date on the current affairs and recent things happening. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a damn about news.

There are times when I do feel sleepy watching movies but mostly I try to complete the movie if I know it is not my bedtime yet

There are times when I do feel sleepy watching movies but mostly I try to complete the movie if I know it is not my bedtime yet
Once I feel sleepy, I tend to pause the movie abit then rest for a few minutes but that's Just an excuse for me to sleep off.

Once I feel sleepy, I tend to pause the movie abit then rest for a few minutes but that's Just an excuse for me to sleep off.
You most likely will not wake up again to continue the movie, lol.

You most likely will not wake up again to continue the movie, lol.
Exactly, I would say it's just for a few minutes but I end up sleeping more than than what I planned for.

Exactly, I would say it's just for a few minutes but I end up sleeping more than than what I planned for.
That is understandable, you must have had a long day, so it is only normal for sleep to come.

That is understandable, you must have had a long day, so it is only normal for sleep to come.
True, like today was abit stressful for me, I was watching a Chinese donghua called battle through the heavens, i was feeling sleep that i could not even keep up with what was happening. I decided to pause as usual and just rest a bit. That was around 3:35pm or there about today. I just woke up and it's now after 7

I tend to sleep off whenever I watch movies at night. But it doesn't happen when I sleep in the afternoon, because by then it will be late before I fall asleep.

I tend to sleep off whenever I watch movies at night. But it doesn't happen when I sleep in the afternoon, because by then it will be late before I fall asleep.
Yes that's true, if you are able to sleep during the day, it usually takes time before you fall asleep again at night.

Yes that's true, if you are able to sleep during the day, it usually takes time before you fall asleep again at night.
That's the normal way our body is wired. But I prefer that because it affords me more time to get some things done before the sleep eventually comes.

I prefer having enough sleep at night cause during the day I won't have enough time to sleep.

I prefer having enough sleep at night cause during the day I won't have enough time to sleep.
True, the day is for work and activities, can afford to be less productive because we didn't sleep at night.

Yes and where I stay I won't even have enough time, that's when they we come me to come and do this or do that, or something would jusr pop up.

Yes and where I stay I won't even have enough time, that's when they we come me to come and do this or do that, or something would jusr pop up.
That's what you get for being a man😂, you can't escape it.

Lol true, I don't have a choice but to do these things.

Yes, it happens to me most of the time. Yesterday also, we were watching a good movie, and I slept in between and was asking the kids about the kids about the story of the movie. I cannot control my sleep; that's the problem with me.

I am mostly able to complete the movie and if I am unable to control then I prefer to sleep and watch the movie later so that I am not deprived of my sleep as it does make you feel lazy and irritated the next day

Featured Articles

Back