Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Back to using a thick blanket

That's awesome, I think today is also going to be sunny day for us. The sun is finally coming out but the time is just 8:00am so anything can still happen. For now though the sun is coming out.
Wow, our time here is 3:20 in the afternoon. We have a big time difference and thinking you are now ready for the day's work. That is also good your sun starts to shine. The sun here could dry up my clothes. Keep safe on your travel for your business or work.

That's awesome, I think today is also going to be sunny day for us. The sun is finally coming out but the time is just 8:00am so anything can still happen. For now though the sun is coming out.
It's evening here now and it's starts to pour. Almost whole Philippines is under the rainy days. Manila areas are declared to be under the state of calamities. You may watch it on TV news in your country. You'll see cars floating on flood.

It's evening here now and it's starts to pour. Almost whole Philippines is under the rainy days. Manila areas are declared to be under the state of calamities. You may watch it on TV news in your country. You'll see cars floating on flood.
That's pretty serious. Though there are some places here that have experienced flood some weeks back, but I think things have subsided to some extent at the moment. While today is a sunny day for us, there is every possibility that the rain might fall tomorrow again or at night. It has happened like that before.

That's pretty serious. Though there are some places here that have experienced flood some weeks back, but I think things have subsided to some extent at the moment. While today is a sunny day for us, there is every possibility that the rain might fall tomorrow again or at night. It has happened like that before.
Because of this rain that's pouring almost everyday which is why I'm back to using a thick blanket. And it's also inevitable to see flood all around but subsides when rain stops. The sun here showed up only for three hours and then the clouds turned black and heavy again.

I certainly love the rainy seasons more than the dry seasons. When it is not rain, the weather is still balanced and not in the dry season, that the noon times are so hot it can fry a person's brain.

In a way its a good habit as it keeps you covered and one also keeps itself safe from any insects and Mosquitoes
Yes, Though I never thought on those lines. We don't have insects and mosquitoes in our home. But it will be helpful if we are camping outdoors. The weather here has become pretty cold after all rain and clouds. I have not switched on fan in the last whole week and I am taking a thick blanket. Even while going out, I am taking a light jacket.

This year we had an unusually high temperatures in April and May. It came as a shock to many as our city is known for its beautiful weather throughout the year. Now, we have regular rain since May end and weather has cooled off. I am sitting with a thin blanket and no fan. The cold breeze is coming from the windows

But you know the weather of Delhi. We are still having extreme heat here. We didn't get sufficient rainfall this year.

This could be the affect of Global warming where you cannot expect the weather to stick how it used to be and that's why either we get more or less rain

Hmm...exactly that's because of the global warming effect due to which we are experiencing more heat than we used to, in the past and the way we are cutting forests, it's not going to reduce.

Till this time we used to have so much rain but it hasn't rained much and even winters are always delayed or shortened due to it

But you know the weather of Delhi. We are still having extreme heat here. We didn't get sufficient rainfall this year.
Yes, I just had a talk with my elder daughter a few hours back. She kept complaining about it. She is brought up in Bengaluru and not used to extreme temperatures since the childhood. Though she loves the extreme winter there, summer is a nightmare for her. And unfortunately, summer stays for long.

Yes, I just had a talk with my elder daughter a few hours back. She kept complaining about it. She is brought up in Bengaluru and not used to extreme temperatures since the childhood. Though she loves the extreme winter there, summer is a nightmare for her. And unfortunately, summer stays for long.

That's true for me, too. I don't like the summer in Delhi. I wonder how the kids in school stay in a class room for 6 hours when they don't have a cooler or AC there. They were complaining yesterday about it. I think the school authority must do something for it.

My country already had tackled the severe heat when we were under El Nino now, we are suffering the El Nina or the rainy days. There is rain here every afternoon and the whole evening. The next day, flood rampages in our lawn.

That's true for me, too. I don't like the summer in Delhi. I wonder how the kids in school stay in a class room for 6 hours when they don't have a cooler or AC there. They were complaining yesterday about it. I think the school authority must do something for it.
My daughter is in Government institute. They have AC in classrooms, academic blocks, studio and library. But not in hostel. Students try to stay in common room and studio till midnight to do their projects and assignments. But after 12 they have to be back in hostel room. It's tough to sleep in this heat without AC. Cooler is not effective, especially in the humidity after rain.

Yes, the coolers are not effective at all in this humid weather. I can relate it to my kids who don't have AC in their classrooms.

This time, I no longer use a thick blanket. It seldom rains here now and the heat started to surge on the day and evening. The heat alone cannot manage to use a thick blanket. I am now using a thin blanket .It is comfy.

We have almost the same situation, but we have no rain and the temperature has only dropped to 28 degrees. But this is a serious problem because we are already losing a lot of harvest.

Yes, the coolers are not effective at all in this humid weather. I can relate it to my kids who don't have AC in their classrooms.
My daughter was very jealous when her sister told that we are using blanket. She has very low tolerance for heat and she often falls sick with no appetite. Anyways, she has got a bit adjusted in the last two years. But still she keeps complaining and wants to come back to Bengaluru.

It always rains here almost everyday are happy of course. We suffered too much heat for two months reaching the heat index in the city alone to 43 degrees Celsius. We paid huge electric bills for the aircons were running everyday, day and night. For three weeks now, rain pours nonstop .it's cool and we still use aircon in the evening but I use a thick blanket, lol. I feel so comfy and always get a good sleep. What about you?
Actually I don't find it easy during summer to managed my activities I hate cold weathers due to my health conditions so I prefer hot weathers to live my life the way I want

For four days now, I started to use a think blanket again. There is always rain nonestop. It's too cold in the evening despite using only electric fans. We give our aircons some rest for a week now. I like to cover my body with a thick blanket, lol.

Back