Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Back to using a thick blanket

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
It always rains here almost everyday are happy of course. We suffered too much heat for two months reaching the heat index in the city alone to 43 degrees Celsius. We paid huge electric bills for the aircons were running everyday, day and night. For three weeks now, rain pours nonstop .it's cool and we still use aircon in the evening but I use a thick blanket, lol. I feel so comfy and always get a good sleep. What about you?

I remember the beginning of the year started with extreme heat, where it got to the point people could no longer go out side. I guess now it's the time for rain. I guess the weather conditions these days is abit extreme.

If it's cooler then you don't need to run the Aircon and can use the fan and it'll also reduce your electricity bills and no need to use blanket too.

This time, we are using fans to reduce the electric bill he he and it is also too impractical to use the aircon because it is always raining here. This day, rain pours nonstop..

This time, we are using fans to reduce the electric bill he he and it is also too impractical to use the aircon because it is always raining here. This day, rain pours nonstop..
If it's rainy season then better to not use Aircon or use it for small duration only if it's necessary and this will reduce your electricity bill.

If it's rainy season then better to not use Aircon or use it for small duration only if it's necessary and this will reduce your electricity bill.
Yes, that is right and we started not using the aircon last night. I still felt the comfort because of the huge fan but I still use the thick blanket. My sister was amused when saw me using a thick blanket.😁

It's ok if you feel comfortable with the thick blanket. Some like a normal blanket even in the summers but I don't like to have blanket in summers while sleeping

It's ok if you feel comfortable with the thick blanket. Some like a normal blanket even in the summers but I don't like to have blanket in summers while sleeping
Every summertime in my country, we suffer the extreme heat and there is no one using a banket at sleep time, except me. 😁 I cannot sleep without a blanket, I also turned in the aircon.

Every summertime in my country, we suffer the extreme heat and there is no one using a banket at sleep time, except me. 😁 I cannot sleep without a blanket, I also turned in the aircon.
Everyone is different and have different habits. My family also prefer the blanket while sleeping but it's a very light blanket like bedsheet but I don't like any such blanket in summers.

Everyone is different and have different habits. My family also prefer the blanket while sleeping but it's a very light blanket like bedsheet but I don't like any such blanket in summers.
My blanket is also thin, I just cannot sleep without a blanket rain or shine, lol, however, the blanket is suitable for the climate. But when I take a nap, I never use a blanket.

My blanket is also thin, I just cannot sleep without a blanket rain or shine, lol, however, the blanket is suitable for the climate. But when I take a nap, I never use a blanket.
You mean thick or thin? Thick blanket during summers will be uncomfortable so better you go for a thin blanket only

You mean thick or thin? Thick blanket during summers will be uncomfortable so better you go for a thin blanket only
I only use a thick blanket during rainy days, and thin during sunny days especially in the previous months. The heat index in my country reached 45 degrees Celsius. That was so scary .

Summers are scary in my country also. The temperature may say 45 but it'll feel like 53 because of the intense heat and humidity.

It rained continuously for 2 hours here, but the temperature has not reduced. We still have our AC on day and night. Its more humid weather, which I don't like because I get wet in sweat going out of the house.

Yeaah because its cooler weather right now and I prefer the weather

The rain here paused for two hours and then resume it's pouring rampage with a full blast of thunder and lightning. I was scared to the bones and covered myself with my thick blanket.

This year we had an unusually high temperatures in April and May. It came as a shock to many as our city is known for its beautiful weather throughout the year. Now, we have regular rain since May end and weather has cooled off. I am sitting with a thin blanket and no fan. The cold breeze is coming from the windows

It's raining here now and worry a lot because flood that follows when there is nonstop rain. It's too much to bear too which is why I cannot avoid to use a thick blanket. Rain is associated with a cold wind.

I only use blanket in winters or pre winters and don't have this habit of taking a blanket in summers

To be honest, I cannot sleep without a blanket, but I am using the thin one during summer. During cold days like this, I am using a thick blanket. We also on the aircon,lol, but this week, I turned off the aircon and only the fan is moving.

Back