Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Are you scared of the dark?

When I was younger, I use to be Abit scared but right now I find it hard to even sleep when the lights are on. I prefer sleeping with the lights off. It also reduces the heat the light tends to produce while on.

As a much younger person, I never dared to sleep when the room was dark. It would aggravate if I watch horror movies close to bedtime. But I have outgrown all that phobia for dark places. I naturally sleep better in a very dark room than in a lit room.

I don't like staying in the dark. Staying in the dark makes me feel worried and scared especially when I finished watching a movie that has some horror scenes in it. So what I always do is to have the lights on whenever I want to sleep.

Some people are scared of the dark, some people love the dark.
For me, I am scared of the dark. I have to have some form of light on in my room so I can sleep.

Are you scared of the dark?
I am never scared of the dark. It is not something that even get me worried.

I can be in the dark for as long as I want no matter the circumstances. In fact, I enjoy sleeping in the dark than when there is light in a room. So, it sounds awkward to me when anyone says that they are scared of the dark.

I am never scared of the dark. It is not something that even get me worried.

I can be in the dark for as long as I want no matter the circumstances. In fact, I enjoy sleeping in the dark than when there is light in a room. So, it sounds awkward to me when anyone says that they are scared of the dark.

As a much younger person, I never dared to sleep when the room was dark. It would aggravate if I watch horror movies close to bedtime. But I have outgrown all that phobia for dark places. I naturally sleep better in a very dark room than in a lit room.
😂😂😂

I am not scared of dark. Hiwever, this does not mean I will go into darknss without taking ligh with me. I am still afraid of animals, reptiles an insects that might attack me n the dark.

I don't like staying in the dark. Staying in the dark makes me feel worried and scared especially when I finished watching a movie that has some horror scenes in it. So what I always do is to have the lights on whenever I want to sleep.
It's the same with me because in my childhood even not scary movies were scary for me and then I was afraid to walk around the house and I had to turn on the lights everywhere

I wouldn't say I'm paralyzed by fear of the dark, but I do get an uneasy, vulnerable feeling when enveloped in total blackness. There's something primal about that lack of visibility that puts me on edge. I find myself straining to detect any potential noises or movements unseen in the void.

I no longer have such a fear, but I was in childhood and I thought that I would never overcome this fear, but it turned out that everything is fine now

I was never scared of the dark even when I was a kid. I can sleep alone without anything happening. So of course I cannot be having that kind of fear when I'm grown up now.

No I am not scared of the dark, but I am afraid to live in the dark as I fear I may not collide with something. I cannot sleep untill there is light in the room. I cannot sleep even in the dim light.

I'm not afraid of anything including the dark. But I do put on a powerful flood light in my yard after dark for security reasons.

No I am not scared of the dark, but I am afraid to live in the dark as I fear I may not collide with something. I cannot sleep untill there is light in the room. I cannot sleep even in the dim light.
Wow, so you mean that you cannot sleep when the light is off? You can only sleep when there is light on in the room, that is definitely new!

I am not scared of the dark. Darkness doesn’t bother me.

Wow, so you mean that you cannot sleep when the light is off? You can only sleep when there is light on in the room, that is definitely new!

Usually, I keep my table lamp switched on at night. Yes, you may be feeling absurd, but that's true. I feel scared in the dark. You may not have met any such person as me. I have tried sleeping in the dark but failed.

I am not scared but I do not like the dark and prefer to stay indoors during that time unless I am out on a journey but that does not happen too often and this is the reason why I don't like night shift too

Usually, I keep my table lamp switched on at night. Yes, you may be feeling absurd, but that's true. I feel scared in the dark. You may not have met any such person as me. I have tried sleeping in the dark but failed.
Well, you know what is best for you, so that's good. Maybe you had a terrible experience in the dark when you were young?

Featured Articles

Back