Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

DH Contests April Contest has started from 2nd April 2024 - 1st May 2024!

Some of the posts on this forum appear to be prewritten by spambots. This is what can happen when you pay for posts. Bad practice in my view that can only become worse.

That is correct. It is possible that some members are depending of AI tools. The quality is not always great with such attempts.

It is called a 'contest'. Not everyone wins, which means it is not everyone that gets paid. I do think that people will be motivated to post more quality contents because of the rewards attached to it.
Not fully understanding why members ought to be paid to post. Not me I'm not about to be a literary mercenary. I am here because I want to be here and will not accept any payments now or in the future. The admin puts in a lot of his time, must he also be losing $$$ as well?

It is called a 'contest'. Not everyone wins, which means it is not everyone that gets paid. I do think that people will be motivated to post more quality contents because of the rewards attached to it.
The "contest" is producing the same "content' 3 or 4 times in a row on the same threads from the same "posters' in rapid succession. What they are doing is answering the same question 3 or 4 times the same way by inserting different words in order to up their post count. Quantity may be up and quality is down.

Does anyone here really feel that having this forum flooded with garbage content is going to help the site and *KEEP* new members?

That is correct. It is possible that some members are depending of AI tools. The quality is not always great with such attempts.
I believe that this is happening

Last edited:
The "contest" is producing the same "content' 3 or 4 times in a row on the same threads from the same "posters' in rapid succession. What they are doing is answering the same question 3 or 4 times the same way by inserting different words in order to up their post count. Quantity may be up and quality is down.

Does anyone here really feel that having this forum flooded with garbage content is going to help the site and *KEEP* new members?

I believe that this is happening
You have a point. Maybe proper scrutiny can be made on the posts to filter out the garbage ones and issue warning to the posters. As for me I make my own posts genuinely, and I try to make them above 40 words.

Most here are good posters with original ideas and opinions. But...there are at least 2 who seem only bend on winning some money.

Great to see that there are interesting monthly contests here. Best of luck to all the participants here.
This is my first day here. I am still in the process of exploring and understanding the site. It does look a great place to be. Happy go see so many familiar faces here. Well, I have missed a few days for the contest. But I might catch up.

Most here are good posters with original ideas and opinions. But...there are at least 2 who seem only bend on winning some money.
This could happen on any forum whether he is providing a reward or not because low content could be integrated into long thread replies unlike a forum receiving 2 or 3 replies per day then it differs. I just participate as natural either if there is reward or not.

One can always tell original content from copied content. Some of the stuff posted appears as if written by a university professor of English. Then the next day the same poster writes a post as if he/she never even made it through grade school. It's a bit laughable and obvious, but each to their own I suppose.

One can always tell original content from copied content. Some of the stuff posted appears as if written by a university professor of English. Then the next day the same poster writes a post as if he/she never even made it through grade school. It's a bit laughable and obvious, but each to their own I suppose.
This could be revealed easily from the posts of these people who just want to win contests from people who refer them.

Almost Timeout.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-01 00.04.44.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 00.04.44.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-05-01 00.05.20.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 00.05.20.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 6
Reminder

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-01 01.52.18.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 01.52.18.png
    183 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-05-01 01.52.44.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 01.52.44.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-01 02.14.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 02.14.41.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
thars not fair in my location its almost 2.13am 1 May
This is where we do have some confusion and I understand this is something that we can not change at the moment. It seems the countdown goes by timezone and shows different for everyone at the moment which we were unaware of until now.

I have added the link to the CT time so that everyone is aware of the time exactly that it will end now which will be 5.59 pm CT and going forward we will have to change how to do things with the countdown now that we understand it shows differently for all members.

Having the time now and the link makes sure that everyone has a set time they know it finishes so it makes it fair for all.

This should be done before the April contest. What for now?

Featured Articles

Back