Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Who Named You?

Prerna

Active Contributor

Reaction score
In our family our Grandparents name me and my elder sister. My sister's name is Madhu she was named by my Grandmother.

From what I heard, a lot of persons named me. From my parents to my aunt who named me David, to some of my parent's friends.

David is a very nice name. My first boyfriends name was also David, we were in school together.

My mother originally but I hated the name so I renamed myself in 1981.

My parents named me Sanjeev. In those days people were not conscious; they used to keep the names they used to find a common one, unlike these days when people search names on Google.

Sorry you hated the name but wasn't your mother mad at you when you changed

Yes and refused to acknowledge it. But since it was legal, there was nothing she could do about it.

It's your choice so it's all good. Parents should not involve in everything and let us do what we want

Apologies, Prerna, I misread the name. And I agree with you.

I have Indian friends and some of their parents are quite strict.

It's like this in India but in the past 5 years things are changing rapidly and now parents have started to learn and move with time.

Back