Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

When someone moves into a neighborhood, should they introduce themselves to their new neighbors? Why or why not?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I think they should and if they can arrange a small housewarming then it will help them to invite almost all neighbors and get friends with them.

When someone moves into a neighborhood, should they introduce themselves to their new neighbors? Why or why not?

Ideally they should introduce themselves but these days most people are not interested in this. My neighbour's are friendly and I don't even know about their profession.

It's up to the individual but I personally wouldn't do it as I am not a people person.

It's not something I can do. I have watched movies where neighbours do housewarming and also introduced themselves to their neighbours but as for me, I don't want something like that. I love my life to be private and that's all.

It depends on the country and the location. If you are in the city and in the building, people don't really care to visit each other. They "hide" in their apartments and that's it. However, if you live in the countryside, you might want to say hi to the neighbors or they will come to you. People in my country are very welcoming.

It depends on the country and the location. If you are in the city and in the building, people don't really care to visit each other. They "hide" in their apartments and that's it. However, if you live in the countryside, you might want to say hi to the neighbors or they will come to you. People in my country are very welcoming.
People can welcome you from afar depending on the location though. The city doesn't care about the new comers and even neighbours won't care too. Everybody will be running around to surf their daily bread before looking for new neighbours.

I don't have any business introducing myself to the new neighbors where I moved into. I believe this is the city and everyone should learn how to mind their business as long as we don't have anything in common, stay in your lane.

No where does it mandate that anyone should do that. It is not a rule, you will eventually get acquainted with one another when you meet on the streets.

No where does it mandate that anyone should do that. It is not a rule, you will eventually get acquainted with one another when you meet on the streets.

This is the real truth. Going beyond this is going to make you look like a gossiper which is going to be a bad first impression. People really need to know how to respect themselves.

I would want to introduce myself to the neighbours. It is important because it makes sense knowing who and who are staying in the same compound with you.

It depends on how the neighbourhood housing is built. Also, if they are friendly, I wouldn't mind introducing myself when I move in to my closest neighbours.

Back