Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What should Barcelona do?

James

Off The Mark
Reaction score

FC Barcelona of Spain seems to be finding it difficult this season. They lost to arch rivals, Real Madrid, in all the games they played this season. What do you think those at Barcelona cab do to be competitive next season?

The club needs to make the right investments if they want to stay competitive next season. I am talking about making key changes that will help raise the level of the team. This is something that is very important to do.

The season is basically over now, at this point there's nothing they can do anymore. They've secured a spot in the champions League so they can walk towards strengthening their squad against next season.

Barcelona has too many average players in the squad. And also, they relied on Messi for too long and it is telling on them now. They would have to revamp their entire playing style and play direct football with direct players.

Barcelona has too many average players in the squad. And also, they relied on Messi for too long and it is telling on them now. They would have to revamp their entire playing style and play direct football with direct players.
I also believe that the departure of Lionel Messi is affecting them in many ways. So far, they have not been able to single out one player that can serve as a replacement for him.

I also believe that the departure of Lionel Messi is affecting them in many ways. So far, they have not been able to single out one player that can serve as a replacement for him.
They had to change their style to become a team dependent on one player. I remember in the days of Deco, Giuly, Eto'o. Barcelona was a team then. Suddenly, Messi happened and they became a one man team. Now, Messi has gone and they're exposed.

They had to change their style to become a team dependent on one player. I remember in the days of Deco, Giuly, Eto'o. Barcelona was a team then. Suddenly, Messi happened and they became a one man team. Now, Messi has gone and they're exposed.
One mistake they made some years ago was putting too much pressure on Ansu Fatti, a rather promising players who couldn't live up to the expectations of being Messi's replacement. Had they not hyped him that way, even giving him the number 10 jersey straight away, he would have been in a better form for them.

Featured Articles

Back