Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What method do you use to control insects at home?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
Insects have always been a problem for me, so you need to deal with them in different ways to be effective. For example, the easiest method is to put a special net for the windows so that they don't even fly in, but if this happens, I use different sprays, but for this you need to leave the house for a couple of hours or special electronic devices that make a sound that we can't hear, but insects are afraid of it.

If your house is kept clean, pests and insects won't be seeking refuge in your house. I make sure to clean everywhere in my house every day to stop insects from camping in my house.

I have never used electronic devices to control insects, I have also never used natural remedies such as vinegar for controlling insects in the house. I have always used pesticides and insecticides. We are already exposed to a lot of toxic materials including pesticides in our fruits and vegetables, therefore, I am not scared to use chemicals against insects.

If your house is kept clean, pests and insects won't be seeking refuge in your house. I make sure to clean everywhere in my house every day to stop insects from camping in my house.
True, but this is not always the cases. Like over here, our house is surrounded with lots of bushes. Due to this, there are always pest coming around. Though we have been able to control the bush but since there is no fence for now, they still wonder close to the house most times.

If I dare to use any kind of spray in my house, my allergy to the odour would kill me before the insects do. I just use insect powder or I use bleaching agents in water to spray in the areas that the insect are. I have never had an infestation of insects though. It is just the occasional flies.

What I do is spray the room with insecticide, then leave and I don't enter the house until an hour has passed. During that time the smell would have subsided to the amount that will not be damaging to me.

For controlling insects at home, I prefer using integrated pest management with minimal chemical pesticides. Exclusion by sealing cracks and entries is the first line of defense. Setting targeted traps can reduce many pests safely. As a last resort, I may use plant-based or least-toxic insecticides for severe infestations, carefully following instructions.

I clean a lot. I always have a clean house, so insects do not fly and climb into my house. We live not far from the forest, so it should be taken seriously, and that is why I use special deterrent devices that are installed outside my house

I have mashed doors and keep my house clean and also use disinfectant, Mosquito repellent and all other measured to keep my house Insect free

I have never used an electronic devices just to deal with insects all what I do is used different type's of sprays because I think it will be so much easier

Back