Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

What makes a great movie stand out?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
What elements do you think will make movies great movies? As far as I am concerned, a great movie is actually a blend of compelling storytelling, engaging characters, and skilled direction that captivates audiences. Think about classics like "The Godfather" or contemporary hits like "Inception" – they all excel in these aspects. A great movie is also about great performance from the actors and an interesting presentation.

In my opinion, most of the films are very bad because the directors focus a lot of attention on the graphics, but forget about the script and the actors' performance, so the picture can look very good, but the whole film in general is not very good. Therefore, the first place should be a good script and then special effects

A great movie is a combination of various things from a good story, interesting characters, good performance of characters, good direction, good custom, good special effects. etc. If the film maker minimizes one aspects, the movie will fail. Sadly, these days focus is on just CGI

In my view, the hallmarks of a truly great movie are a compelling, character-driven narrative, vivid and immersive world-building, thematic depth, and technical mastery of the cinematic medium. The most memorable films seamlessly blend these elements to create an experience that resonates emotionally, intellectually, and viscerally with the audience. Masterful storytelling, innovative visuals, and an unwavering commitment to artistic integrity are all crucial in elevating a film to greatness.

If the movie caters to my genre and the acting is decent that will make the movie for me. I prefer historical movies so realism and historical accuracy are important to me.

For me when we talk about what makes a great movie stand out, I think it mainly has to do with having a good plot, and actors who are able to bring the characters to life.

The plot and the actors. The 2 are very important, because a movie can have a really good plot but ruined by terrible actors. And movies can also feature really good actors but have a terrible plot.

If that great movie have a good message for the society and is a family movie then it will be a stand out

Featured Articles

Back