Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What is the weather like today?

~ True Legend ~

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What’s your weather like where you are?

It’s been not only the longest hot summer on record, but also the hottest autumn (so far) here in the UK.

This is due to the El Nino effect as well as global warming as explained in the article.

Wonder whether we’ll be having a mild or freezing summer…

It's been too warm here in the Midwest too. Thankfully it started to cool off finally, this weekend it's only going to be in the 60's. (That's around 15 or 16 degrees Celsius for everyone else. :p) Thank god, this has been the warmest October so far to date that I can remember.

Hottest autumn in the UK? It certainly hasn’t felt warm. Where I live, it’s just been raining every day. We had a week of sun at the end of the summer and 2 weeks of it at the start of the summer, but besides that, it was the same in the summer.

It's been too warm here in the Midwest too. Thankfully it started to cool off finally, this weekend it's only going to be in the 60's. (That's around 15 or 16 degrees Celsius for everyone else. :p) Thank god, this has been the warmest October so far to date that I can remember.
That’s not too warm. Be grateful it’s not freezing :p

Hottest autumn in the UK? It certainly hasn’t felt warm. Where I live, it’s just been raining every day. We had a week of sun at the end of the summer and 2 weeks of it at the start of the summer, but besides that, it was the same in the summer.
Yeah? Where in the UK are you based? I’m in London btw.
We had barely any rain during the summer except for a week of thunderstorms in September. It’s sunny here still, around 12-21 celcius. Still warm for autumn though!

Yeah? Where in the UK are you based? I’m in London btw.
We had barely any rain during the summer except for a week of thunderstorms in September. It’s sunny here still, around 12-21 celcius. Still warm for autumn though!
I live up north. Really? It rained all summer over here bar the first few weeks and the last week. It’s 19 degrees over here right now but it doesn’t feel very warm! :p

I live up north. Really? It rained all summer over here bar the first few weeks and the last week. It’s 19 degrees over here right now but it doesn’t feel very warm! :p
I like 19 degrees. I mean it’s way better than it used to be a decade ago. By now it’d have been just below 10 celsius so how could you complain :p

What city do you live in? I was hoping to meet more ppl in the UK :)

I like 19 degrees. I mean it’s way better than it used to be a decade ago. By now it’d have been just below 10 celsius so how could you complain :p

What city do you live in? I was hoping to meet more ppl in the UK :)
I guess so.

I live in Leeds. Not very close to London :p

I'd rather it be freezing lol. :p I love the cold, I don't really care for very warm weather. As for today it was perfect! It was nice a chilly, didn't get that warm. It got up to around 60 degrees F again today. :D

Cloudy. The temperature's 19°C.

Well, @Kyng and @Excommunicado it’s predicted to rain for the rest of the week here in London too 😔

Tbf though I suppose i prefer to work under those conditions as i get less FOMO :p

Is it true that you folk in the UK don't have air conditioning? I've heard you guys don't and have to use window units. If so, that's got to be brutal in the summertime. :O Anyways it was a bit warmer here today, got up to 79 F (26 C) which was eh. I prefer it to be chilly since it's fall. :p

Is it true that you folk in the UK don't have air conditioning? I've heard you guys don't and have to use window units. If so, that's got to be brutal in the summertime. :O Anyways it was a bit warmer here today, got up to 79 F (26 C) which was eh. I prefer it to be chilly since it's fall. :p
We don’t have air conditioning. It was awful on the one-off occasion it was 40 celsius. But usually summer temps don’t rise above 32 celsius, and while still hot, it’s manageable with open windows and a fan.

Very chilly today!

winter is coming GIF

Featured Articles

Back