Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

What do you do when you need to sit for a long time?

aamjonota

Newcomer

Reaction score
Hello, for my work time, I need to sit for a long time. for this, I feel pain in my knee. what do you do at this situation and how to get rid of knee pain?

Have you tried a different posture? Sometimes when I use a laptop computer I just carry it to the sofa and lie down. That will reduce the sitting time for me. But right now you can use some pain relievers to ease the pain.

I usually make use of my earphones to listen to music while I work, this way I won't feel it that much. Though I always find time to walk a bit, cause health wise it is not advisable to sit for long.

You could each hour take a little break by doing some sports exercises for 10 minutes during work if your boss allows such practice because the body is not born to sit for 7 hours a day.

I understand you because it is difficult for many people because you have to watch your knees. Squats can train your muscles, but you need to drink vitamins for bones and joints, as well as milk, which helps strengthen bones

When having to sit for an extended period, it's important to take regular breaks to move around and stretch. Every 30-60 minutes, stand up and do some light movements like calf raises, shoulder rolls, or walking in place.

Featured Articles

Back