Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Was there a time you cried, what was the reason?

We feel relieved once we cry. My brothers also cry and they are not ashamed to express their pain.It does not mean that because you are a male, you are deprived of crying. That is an emotion one cannot avoid to act.

Today morning I had a video call with my mom. She went to visit her elder brother, my maternal uncle. He is 71 and hospitalized. His condition is critical and he is on life supporting system and ventilator from the last two days. This is his third hospitalization since April this year. This time he seems very critical and doctors are not hopeful. He has started with organ failure. While talking to mom, we got emotional and cried. It was tough to console the family. Keeping him in prayers.

I am sorry to know about your maternal uncle. How is he now? Hope he gets well soon.

I am very quick to get moist eyes. Any emotional event, scenes from the movie and books can make me shed some tears. Today morning I had my online classes where another person from other country shared about her childhood memories and the trauma she had because of abusive parents and ongoing fight between them.. Listening to her story, I got choked and tears rolled down my cheeks.
I can totally relate to this, people see me as someone who is super tough and don't let anything get to me, but I can be pretty emotional majority of the times.

There are reasons why we cry, It is not only when we feel sad or in a sorrowful situation. We cannot also avoid crying when hearing good news, receiving a special gift, or winning a lotto. Yesterday, I cried for happiness because our gymnast Olympian, Carlos Yulo, received his second gold medal.

I can totally relate to this, people see me as someone who is super tough and don't let anything get to me, but I can be pretty emotional majority of the times.
Being emotionally strong does not mean that we can't cry. I don't know why this prejudice is there. Emotional people are indeed the strongest ones that I know. I am a very strong headed lady, but I am very emotional too. It's a big strength to acknowledge your true emotions and express them in a controlled way. Bolting up emotions is not healthy.

Being emotionally strong does not mean that we can't cry. I don't know why this prejudice is there. Emotional people are indeed the strongest ones that I know. I am a very strong headed lady, but I am very emotional too. It's a big strength to acknowledge your true emotions and express them in a controlled way. Bolting up emotions is not healthy.
I completely agree with you, it takes someone who is strong mentally and emotionally exhibit other emotions.

I completely agree with you, it takes someone who is strong mentally and emotionally exhibit other emotions.
When they say that Men don't cry or strong people don't cry, they create a prejudice. And people pay a huge price to live up to the expectations of that price. They shut down their emotions and harden up. It's devastating for the overall mental and emotional health of the person

When they say that Men don't cry or strong people don't cry, they create a prejudice. And people pay a huge price to live up to the expectations of that price. They shut down their emotions and harden up. It's devastating for the overall mental and emotional health of the person
A lot of people have started changing their mindset about things. They now make statements like it takes a strong man to freely express his emotions and feelings.

A lot of people have started changing their mindset about things. They now make statements like it takes a strong man to freely express his emotions and feelings.
Yes. Things are changing. People are getting aware of things. Socioeconomic conditions have changed, gender roles are becoming fluid, societal expectations are changing and people are becoming aware of mental and emotional health. Gender stereotyping is also coming down. These are positive changes. People can express themselves better and be their true self.

For me l can say that, l lastly cried in the year 2021 and that was in the December. So l cried so much because my mother had died at that time. lt was really a very disappointing experience for sure.

There are many reasons why someone cries. They could be the pain of a lost love, the betrayal of a dear one, winning a big prize, or having achieved something. The time I graduated, I cried while standing in the gym waiting for my name to be called to receive my diploma.

Back