Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Teddy Bears

Nebulous

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Do you like teddy bears?

Why do children love teddy bears?

Did your teddy bear(s) have a name? What was it?

How old is too old to sleep with a teddy bear?

one direction dance GIF

Kids like teddybears because they are a source of comfort. Once mommy or daddy have kissed them goodnight and left the room, a teddy can provide that extra comfort and security a child needs to sleep.

I had two bears, and yes, they both had names- although where I got them from I do not know.

There was puffer the bear who I had until I was 9 years old, and then bingo the bear who I had for.. well, not as long- but I loved them both equally.

How old is too old to sleep with a bear?

Well, how old is too old to believe in Santa. How long is a piece of string

I know Children who never had bears, I know adults who sleep with them.

I myself have two lion cubs called Simba and Nala (I want to get the set). I did have a dog called Oliver, but I don't know what happened to him

I don't find it weird at all that I have two lion cubs on my bed.

What am I supposed to be doing with a teddy bear? This is something ladies like and not a man. I would look stupid clinging to a teddy bear at my age.

Love them and have quite a collection. I love cuddly toys, or stuffed animals as you American friends call them.

Yes, I like teddy bears. I still have a collection of the TY beanie boo animals.
I think children love teddy bears as it is a sense of comfort. I always had a teddy bear with me when I was younger as it was comfort for me.
I had names for all my teddy bears but I only remember 2 of the names I gave. I gave a pink cat TY bear the name Poppy and a ginger cat TY bear the name Popcorn.
I don't think there is an age to stop sleeping with a teddy bear. If it is a source of comfort for that person, it's okay to sleep with a teddy bear. Sometimes I still sleep with one of my TY bears.

Yes, I have so much love for teddy 🐻 bears as a child. My parents bought so many of them that it nearly occupied my entire bed. The last teddy bear they got me was 4ft tall.

I love Teddy bears. I’ve still got mine that I grew up with ever since I was a baby. It’s sitting right next to me on my bed side table right now.

My memories of using teddy bears as a child is somehow blur. I can't remember much of it or how much I loved using or playing with it. I'm very sure my mother purchased one or two teddy bears for me but it's all I can remember much about it. I had other toys to play with which I remembered vividly more than the bears.

When I was a child, I really liked bear toys, because they were made of the highest quality and looked the most beautiful. Even now, I have the same gray toys in my house and I still like them

Yes, the materials that are used to make teddy bear are so soft and comfortable for the skin. It's why I call them fluffy bears. If they are made to be good for the skin, most people will never be interested in buying it because they are very expensive if you want the bigger ones.

When I was growing up, popular mass media such as Television and internet were not very popular. We did not have access to international TV stations and internet was a luxury. Therefore, Teddy bears was never a thing for us. I think kids like Teddy bears because the popular media has established a theory that all kids need to have it.

I love Teddy bears. I’ve still got mine that I grew up with ever since I was a baby. It’s sitting right next to me on my bed side table right now.

You are such a baby. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with living and loving teddy bears. They are wonderful things made to connect you with your baby self. I know a lot of ladies and even men who like using teddy bears to play and cuddle it when they sleep.

So they are also always with me because they are almost the only thing left from my ministry and when I look at them, I remember those childhood days and it immediately becomes much warmer and more pleasant to work.

Some adults men and women are still buying teddy bears today in shopping malls. I was at the mall last week and saw someone who was buying a 4ft tall teddy bear. I asked him if that's for his kid that knowing kids, the child will be very happy today but to my surprise, he told me it's for himself.

I never liked them. But my parents bought some for me when I was a kid, I ripped them apart in anger. I was flogged for it and they never buy it again.

I never liked them. But my parents bought some for me when I was a kid, I ripped them apart in anger. I was flogged for it and they never buy it again.

If I was your parents and you did this to the teddy bear I bought for you, I will spank you and also not buy you any toy for a very long time so that you understand the gravity of what you have done. It is how I enjoy training kids so that they know the value of things that have been given to them and not take them for granted.

When I was younger I did love them, but now I don't hate them but I just don't have time for them any longer and see no need for them unless for decoration.

When I was younger I did love them, but now I don't hate them but I just don't have time for them any longer and see no need for them unless for decoration.
I also don't need them anymore, but I took my toys from my parents' house and now I use them precisely as a decoration in my apartment because it gives me a sense of home because I live in a rented apartment

I have a great fondness for teddy bears. they're soft, cuddly companions with an irresistible charm. Children seem to love teddy bears because the stuffed animals provide comfort, security, and a sentimental friend during the imaginative years of early childhood. Teddy bears allow kids to nurture, play pretend, and forge attachments in a way that feels safe and controllable.

I don't really fancy teddy bears even as a young child back then. A relative of mine once brought a brand new teddy for me when he came visiting. I had to eventually give it out because if I don't, it will just be there wasting away.

Back