Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Should governments have the right to access and monitor individuals' online activities for national security?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
Nowadays, we find that governments are doing more and moto monitor the online activities of individuals without any kind of consent or even letting them know that is the case.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel governments should have this right?

No, I do not think government should be allowed to be monitor individuals' online activities. I believe they should first get enough proof that the individual is actually engaged in illegal activities and then get court order to monitor activities.

Yes, I think that the government must intervene in the online activities of people. These days, social media and other sites are widely used by people, so it has become essential for the government to check them so that any valuable information may not get passed to unwanted elements.

An emphatic no. This is not what past generations fought and died for.

No, that's a bit too much. I will not be free when I know that all my online activities are being tracked by the government.

No, that's a bit too much. I will not be free when I know that all my online activities are being tracked by the government.

It not about you, it's about people who pass on secret data of your country to another country and to check them out online activities to be monitored by the government.

No they shouldn't
They should look for a way to tackle insecurity issues

No they shouldn't
They should look for a way to tackle insecurity issues

It not about you, it's about people who pass on secret data of your country to another country and to check them out online activities to be monitored by the government.
I'm saying the same thing. There should be another way to figure this out. Why have to monitor all the citizens activities?

I don't think government should have right to this. As humans we are entitled to our lives, how we want to live it and our privacy.

This should not be allowed and recently I came to know about similar news where Indian Government forced WhatsApp to do that but they refused and said they are ready to leave India but not going to share anyone's personal chats

They should have an idea about it and not be pushed more to know about an individual. They shouldn't push that far to know about any individual, it's not their right.

If a person has displayed by their actions that they are a national threat, it is very important that the government should monitor their online activities. You don't just invade the space of peace loving citizens.

It's fine they are doing it of a person that was previously involved in any such activities or is reflected from their behavior.

Nowadays, we find that governments are doing more and moto monitor the online activities of individuals without any kind of consent or even letting them know that is the case.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel governments should have this right?
I don't think this should be allowed because everyone has it's own privacy but back then my region they also practice to ban transactions on crypto currency

Back