Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Gaming Micro-transactions

Bizdustry

Off The Mark
Reaction score

So, this is a mixed opinion debate, but what do you all think of Micro transactions? Basically, where you purchase a video game or download one for free and have to pay to unlock certain elements including cosmetic items like skins, or even unlocking the next chapter in the game. Do you think game developers are too greedy?

I don't have a problem with developers charging for cosmetics, for example like Fortnite, as it does not give you an in-game advantage. However, being able to purchase in-game advantages is something I cannot get onboard with. I do not like pay to win games, it's not a true test of skill.

If you have any problems with microtransactions in video games, you shouldn't be interested in playing free games. It's how the game developers/companies make money from their games.

If a game is free I can understand charging for things and micro transactions, they have to make money somehow and this is one way to do it.

What I do not agree with is when developers charge but it’s more of a gamble. Fortnite is a great example, you know exactly what you are going to get and what you are spending your money on.

So, this is a mixed opinion debate, but what do you all think of Micro transactions? Basically, where you purchase a video game or download one for free and have to pay to unlock certain elements including cosmetic items like skins, or even unlocking the next chapter in the game. Do you think game developers are too greedy?

I have a little problem with micro transactions when it comes to playing some games. One of the issues is when it is made a larger part of the game where, if you don't spend, you are not going to get anything in return. That is one thing that can make me stop playing a particular game, to be honest with you. If the options are not many, I can cope since I am not one that likes spending too much on games that I play.

If you have any problems with microtransactions in video games, you shouldn't be interested in playing free games. It's how the game developers/companies make money from their games.
Some video mobile games debit service from your mobile balance account and then to cherish services or unlock premium features means money is directly debited from your balance after your acceptance. This is to facilitate life instead of focusing on international credit cards to pass purchases.

I have no problem with micro transaction, there is no compulsion to buy items in the game, it is a voluntary activity. If you are playing free games, you also need to understand that the developer needs to make money in some way. I sometimes buy various in game items to level up and make gaming more fun by buying costumes, weapons, etc.

I have never bought skins because for me they are unnecessary expenses. It's cool that games sell it because that way they can support their game. But it doesn't affect my game in any way

I don't think game developers are too greedy. They have to still make profit from what they do, and selling these things is the way they go about it.

I don't think it's fair to paint all game developers with the same brush. Sure, there are some studios that seem to prioritize profits over quality experiences. But there are also plenty of passionate developers pouring their hearts into creating amazing games for us to enjoy.

Any game that requires me to pay in the game before I get something is a no no for me. I will just dump the game and move on. It is not because I feel that the developers are greedy or something, but I just don't have money to waste on games that I just play for fun.

I don't think it's fair to paint all game developers with the same brush. Sure, there are some studios that seem to prioritize profits over quality experiences. But there are also plenty of passionate developers pouring their hearts into creating amazing games for us to enjoy.
I completely agree with this. I have come across a lot of games that where actually good and free.

But what is the percentage of the latter to the former? Even if some developers start out with the good intentions of creating amazing games, along the line the desire for mad profits will set in.

Featured Articles

Back