Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is there a dish that you used to hate during your childhood but relish now?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
For me it was Makki Roti which is Indian pan bread of corn or maize floor and it does taste really good with Spinach or saag.

For me it was cat fish, while growing up i hated cat fish, especially the skin it was usually too soft and tasted funny. While growing up the taste suddenly changed for me, it was no longer tasting strange, even the skin I use to hate so much I was able to eat it.

I think it happens with most of us that we dislike a food and upon growing up we suddenly started liking it

One dish I vividly remember turning my nose up at as a child but have grown to love as an adult is Brussels sprouts. As a kid, their slightly bitter taste and cabbage-like appearance was not appealing to me at all.

I can imagine because there are many dishes that I used to not even look at and these days I am fine with these, One such thing is Pumpkin

I don't like unripe plantain and porridge yam while growing up. But now, I am among the best cooker of porridge yam in our family and I can eat it very well. My family used to make jest of me concerning how I reject the food while small but now, I'm an expert in eating it.

With time you tend to realize that you should have this food because of its nutrients and that's why most of us started to have that dish now

That's true. Unripe plantain and yam porridge is among the best food both in nutrition and in body building. I didn't regret while I didn't eat them when I was small because I am filling those parts of my body that I denied it then.

It's good that even if slowly but we are getting matured with time and it makes sense and our taste buds do change with time so this is what is making us change

I haven't encountered any such dish or veggie. I used to hate Okra and still hate even now so we don't even cook Okra at home

Not a dish primarily but I used to hate Green peas and Okra but now I like both and in those days I was so picky

Back