Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

In your opinion, is it better to have a common name or an uncommon one?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I think it's better to have a unique name and it should be a good name with a good meaning. Because having a common name is not good as per my views.

In your opinion, is it better to have a common name or an uncommon one?

I do not know in your country because we have different cultures and traditions. Your names there are different from my countries. The names of the people in the Philippines are patterned mostly from the United States of America like James, Jane, Roger, Ron, Jinnefer, Sam, Robert, Dianne and more. Your names there in India are different , uncommon to my ears and eyes.

What I know is China has more influence on the Philippines and that's why your culture is quite similar to China

What I know is China has more influence on the Philippines and that's why your culture is quite similar to China
Our culture is not similar to China. It is a communist country. People in the Philippines are called Brown Americans. It's the United States of America that helped our country got back it's independence from the hands of the hands of the tyrants.

Our culture is not similar to China. It is a communist country. People in the Philippines are called Brown Americans. It's the United States of America that helped our country got back it's independence from the hands of the hands of the tyrants.
Well I was not aware of it, thanks, I will try to research more about country as I thought china ruled PHP

What do you think about my name? Prerna is a common name and also unique because I don't know of anyone having this name.

I prefer unique names because they are distinctive. The name I use is quite rare in the English speaking world but quite popular in the Nordic countries.

I like to have a unique name, but my parents liked to have their kids have a common name. I have searched a lot before I kept unique names of my kids as Himadri (daughter) and Himnish (son). You won't find people with such names.

I like to have a unique name, but my parents liked to have their kids have a common name. I have searched a lot before I kept unique names of my kids as Himadri (daughter) and Himnish (son). You won't find people with such names.
These names are unique. I don't even know the meaning of these names Sanjeev

They both are synonyms of Lord Shiva and my wife is devotee of Him so she wanted to keep their names of His name.

They both are synonyms of Lord Shiva and my wife is devotee of Him so she wanted to keep their names of His name.
I really liked the names but was not aware of the meaning. Your wife is so thoughtful.

Yes, she is. My kids in school never found anyone with the similar names and most of the people remember their names because they're so unique.

Yes, she is. My kids in school never found anyone with the similar names and most of the people remember their names because they're so unique.
They are unique without any doubt. So do kids have any Nick names or just these names?

Yes, they have Sabhya and Saumya. They are twin kids.

Back