Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How often do you fly as a means of transport?

The stress of forcing myself to sit down on a bus for 10 hours distance journey is what I can never do to myself for any reason. I know that paying for flight as a means of transportation is very expensive but it's what will do me more good than harm compared to how I will feel after sitting in bus for hours.
But for the first time, I think about accidents, because if you just imagine that something will happen to the plane, the chances of survival are less than 1 percent. And on a bus, you have a much better chance of surviving an accident. I'm not saying you're doing wrong, but it's just how I see the situation for myself

All accidents are deadly in my opinion and point of view. Yes, it may seem like accident by air is more fatal because everything gets burnt but there is also a chance of jumping out with a parasuit if they are available for all passengers on board.

Thing is though, Ja Sa Bong, I cannot use public transport at all due to agoraphobia and social phobia.

I like you, you speak good sense.

Thing is though, Ja Sa Bong, I cannot use public transport at all due to agoraphobia and social phobia.

I like you, you speak good sense.

Awwwh, that's so nice of you @MamaFrankie. I like you too. Since I join this forum, I had some good talks with you and I enjoy doing it whenever you are online. I'm still around and free to talk on anything you want. We are having a good time together.

I fly once in a while because it's an expensive means of transportation. If I had money in excess, I'll always use flying as my preferred means of transport.

I fly once in a while because it's an expensive means of transportation. If I had money in excess, I'll always use flying as my preferred means of transport.

The high cost of living which everyone is suffering from today is making it very difficult for a lot of people to afford paying for flights in order to travel to wherever they need to be as a means of transportation. This is why they have to resort to making use of other means of transportation like vehicles to get to where they need to be.

The high cost of living which everyone is suffering from today is making it very difficult for a lot of people to afford paying for flights in order to travel to wherever they need to be as a means of transportation. This is why they have to resort to making use of other means of transportation like vehicles to get to where they need to be.
This is really a problem of our modern times because, in my opinion, any type of transport should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Although, as you wrote, due to inflation, it becomes more and more expensive over the years, and in my opinion, the situation will only worsen over time

Only when required. I like to keep it simple.

Flying is not always comfortable. Especially if you have to deal with a busy airport.

I love flying but I rarely make use of this mode of transportation. Over here the cost of flying is on the high side, due to this people tend to use other means of transportation.

Only when required. I like to keep it simple.

Flying is not always comfortable. Especially if you have to deal with a busy airport.
It is really not convenient because when there are a lot of passengers at the airport, it does not even compare to the busiest station because there are many more people at the airport and it creates discomfort when you need to find your seat or look at the table and a lot of people interfere with this and some of this start to stress

People can afford air travel easily these days. It is no longer premium as it used to be.

Personally I like if they do not make people stand in long ques for hours.

I have not had the need to go out of my region. That's why I don't fly nowadays. I actually schooled outside my country and had to fly often to and fro school. I think since I was done with school, I hardly fly nowadays.

People can afford air travel easily these days. It is no longer premium as it used to be.

Personally I like if they do not make people stand in long ques for hours.
Of course, they can allow it, but most people can only use the cheapest airlines that are not of very good quality. If you've ever flown on Ryanair, you'll understand what I'm talking about, because their landings are stressful

I don't like long lineups and the prices for tickets, baggage etc. has gotten too high. I would only fly in the event that a very long distance was involved, otherwise I drive.

Even the premium airlines make people wait like dogs. Business class has some respect inside. But while at airport, you are like everyone else.

Nope I have never tried it. There was one time I was planning to travel by air but because of cost and after doing calculations I changed my mind and switched to road transport instead. Since then I have never attempted it again.

Flying is my main mode of travel for long distances. I tend to fly around 2 times for family vacations or special occasions like weddings. While I enjoy the efficiency of air travel

I have flown only a few times in my life, but I prefer airplanes when I travel. Even if 2 cities are connected by the mainland and you can use a bus, the plane is still the fastest and most convenient way for me

Actually the means of the transportation was my favorite fly in the aero plane but I never had a chance to fly abroad

I only resort to flying as a means of transportation if the journey is above 6 hours by road. I can't sit in a bus beyond six hours on a journey. If I don't have money to fly for such a journey, I would stay back.

Back