Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How do you save money on utility bills?

Besides the fact that I only use these equipments when needed, I also have a separate account I use in managing things.

Over the years of living with my boyfriend, I have calculated how to spend as little as possible. In winter, we save on heating and that's why I buy warm clothes, and in summer I save on cooling the room because electricity is very expensive. I think that I don't have to spend less on utility bills anymore

It's a thoughtfulness in day to day life. Reduce the use in all possible ways. Invest in gadgets that are power savvy and consume less electricity. I make sure to plan my day. This not only helps to save my energy and focus but also to save my bills. I run a full load laundry, I plan my meals to save gas and electricity, regular cleaning of fridge and freezer section for their maximum functioning, switching off lights when not in use etc are some little steps that I take everyday and it has become a habit.

It's a thoughtfulness in day to day life. Reduce the use in all possible ways. Invest in gadgets that are power savvy and consume less electricity. I make sure to plan my day. This not only helps to save my energy and focus but also to save my bills. I run a full load laundry, I plan my meals to save gas and electricity, regular cleaning of fridge and freezer section for their maximum functioning, switching off lights when not in use etc are some little steps that I take everyday and it has become a habit.
People may neglect this and say what amount of money I could lose especially did not give attention to these details however in the new system installation an ai system could do this instead of you like close gaz or even close the lamps or even close fridge, which facilitate work by 50 %.

People may neglect this and say what amount of money I could lose especially did not give attention to these details however in the new system installation an ai system could do this instead of you like close gaz or even close the lamps or even close fridge, which facilitate work by 50 %.
That sounds good. It sounds hopeful because in indirect ways, it will help our environment too. That's going to save a lot in long run. I am so much used to doing these things that it has become a part of me. I don't actually need any assistance or help for it for now. Maybe in old age when my mobility is restricted, I will look for more technical help.

I pay via amazon pay and you can get cashback on almost every spend and with that I get regular reminders about the bills to be paid.

That sounds good. It sounds hopeful because in indirect ways, it will help our environment too. That's going to save a lot in long run. I am so much used to doing these things that it has become a part of me. I don't actually need any assistance or help for it for now. Maybe in old age when my mobility is restricted, I will look for more technical help.
It doesn't take a lot of time to get familiarized with updates, it needs someone to be a little open minded and then everything is becoming easier across the time. But people are scared from everything new.

There are many ways to save your bills, you can opt for Auto pay too and there are some of the options which offers cashback even when you pay via credit card

There are many ways to save your bills, you can opt for Auto pay too and there are some of the options which offers cashback even when you pay via credit card
There is difference between auto pay because there is another concept that is called auto pay but in this case you don't have the funds to pay but the bank allow you to pay for merchandise and gets back funds within 6 months default but you can extand this to 12 months if you have history of 3 years with the bank or even reduce to three months. Like for example you scan QR Code and let's say having 10000 INR merchandise then it is divided by 6 like pay back 1667 INR but bank has 1 % interest per month, means if you pay back on 12 months that is automated process then there is 11200 INR. The all debts should not exceed 40 % of salary. A lot of merchants are doing this approach with QR Code with Auto Pay Dividents in various countries.

I am not utilizing it like that, I like to pay my bills on time as I don't like to pay any rate of Interest or penalty on it

It doesn't take a lot of time to get familiarized with updates, it needs someone to be a little open minded and then everything is becoming easier across the time. But people are scared from everything new.
I know. It takes a little time to get adjusted to these new technological advancements. I have deliberately kept myself away from many of them. I will not do that unless it becomes really necessary. I like to make use of my natural memory, habits, instincts, discipline etc till I can use them.

Paying with amazon is awesome. You get rewards on all payments and regular reminders and have special offers for prime members

Paying with amazon is awesome. You get rewards on all payments and regular reminders and have special offers for prime members
I always used to get this pop up but I always ignored. Last month I booked my LPG cooking gas cylinder using Amazon and it was 100 Rs.less than it would be on any other platform. Though it took almost a week for it to be delivered. But it was okay. I should try using it for paying other utility bills there.

Back