Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have You tried earning by testing softwares?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
This is one of the unique ways to earn where you are required to join as a tester and post details about the phone, laptop you have and it's operating system, etc because they will send tasks and you need to complete and these tasks are based on software testing to game testing.

Have You tried earning by testing software?

I came across a site that claims you could earn from testing apps or software but back then I didn't have a laptop, so there was no way to try it.

This is one of the unique ways to earn where you are required to join as a tester and post details about the phone, laptop you have and it's operating system, etc because they will send tasks and you need to complete and these tasks are based on software testing to game testing.

Have You tried earning by testing software?
Actually I am not aware of that and I have never come across it but I will be likely to played such games. If you don't mind can you mention the name?

Is it possible to earn like that? I am not aware of any such website and if these websites are legit then I would want to try

No, I have not as I am not aware of it. This is the first time i have come to know that this is also the way one can earn.

Is it possible to earn like that? I am not aware of any such website and if these websites are legit then I would want to try
Yes it's possible but have not really come across any site at the moment. I have heard of people making money from this though.

I am amazed and I would want to join this website to at least experience the website and if able to earn then that would be wonderful.

I remember there was a website known as usertesting.io but I was never interested in these so I never joined or completed any tasks on these websites

It's been a while, but I was part of a site (TestBirds) which was a crowd testing platform that would send you invitations to test out some projects. You would complete a test, submit it, and then get paid for it.

I'm not sure how it's like now, but before there would be quite a bit before the tests available started dwindling which is when I stopped.

I have heard of many websites like that and was referred to one by an online friend but I did not understand much so I aborted the website

It's been a while, but I was part of a site (TestBirds) which was a crowd testing platform that would send you invitations to test out some projects. You would complete a test, submit it, and then get paid for it.

I'm not sure how it's like now, but before there would be quite a bit before the tests available started dwindling which is when I stopped.
So you left these websites? Haven't you came across any other websites like this? Are these websites worth trying?

So you left these websites? Haven't you came across any other websites like this? Are these websites worth trying?
Another site I've come across but haven't used is uTest.

The main reason I left was because there weren't many tests that I was interested in. They vary in time and complexity. I was interested in those that were not too short (so I could earn more) and not too long (since I didn't have that much time).

I don't know what the earnings are like now, but at the time when I did medium-length tests, I thought it paid well for what I needed to do. Especially compared to things like surveys and microtasks.

Another site I've come across but haven't used is uTest.

The main reason I left was because there weren't many tests that I was interested in. They vary in time and complexity. I was interested in those that were not too short (so I could earn more) and not too long (since I didn't have that much time).

I don't know what the earnings are like now, but at the time when I did medium-length tests, I thought it paid well for what I needed to do. Especially compared to things like surveys and microtasks.
What are you supposed to do on these websites to earn? I am still confused about the work

What are you supposed to do on these websites to earn? I am still confused about the work
It depends on the tests.

This is what I did for a website (from what I remember):

There was a list of instructions. It asked me to navigate around it and to write out what I saw. It also asked me to perform some actions (like click some buttons, fill out a form) and write out what I saw in response. For some of them, I would have to take a screenshot. If you came across any errors, you would write them down.

After finishing, you would submit what you have and then once it was checked over you would get paid.

That's just one example. There's a bunch of tests, but these are the ones I liked to do since they didn't take up as much time as some of the others that were more in-depth.

From the site I used, I remember having to do an entry test (which is like the one I just described) to become a user.

It depends on the tests.

This is what I did for a website (from what I remember):

There was a list of instructions. It asked me to navigate around it and to write out what I saw. It also asked me to perform some actions (like click some buttons, fill out a form) and write out what I saw in response. For some of them, I would have to take a screenshot. If you came across any errors, you would write them down.

After finishing, you would submit what you have and then once it was checked over you would get paid.

That's just one example. There's a bunch of tests, but these are the ones I liked to do since they didn't take up as much time as some of the others that were more in-depth.

From the site I used, I remember having to do an entry test (which is like the one I just described) to become a user.
Thanks for explaining in detail. I'll also look for these websites and will see if I can complete tasks and earn. Thanks again.

Thanks for explaining in detail. I'll also look for these websites and will see if I can complete tasks and earn. Thanks again.
You're welcome!

It's been a while, so I don't know what things are like now, but hopefully it works out for you.

Good luck!

When I heard about U Testing and User Testing, I wanted to try software testing jobs on these sites but I found that these jobs were basically reserved for people who know about software, so I had to give up on these sites.

Back