Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever met anyone famous?

xboxfoxy

Reaction score
I've never met anyone famous but have seen a few famous people from a distance, such as the actors from Walking Dead, Vanilla Ice, Master P, Marc Anthony.. I feel like I've seen more but these are the ones I remember.

I've never met anyone famous yet but I've attended some of the live concerts of popular Bollywood singers during College Fest. I was hoping to meet them backstage but somehow it didn't happen. Hopefully, in the future, I'll get to meet someone famous. Actually, there's just one person whom I want to meet that is Shah Rukh Khan. 😊

Famous people are not going alone in the street. They could be with policemen to protect them because these persons could not go in the street like normal persons, all people want to take photos with them. This sounds something boring and could let them waste hole a day taking photos and not doing anything in their real life. You may meet in a ceremony or event organized by them by the factor of luck if they decide that a lucky person or group meet them.

I'm a normal person but I cannot go in the street either! To be fair, I disapprove of celebrities having 'protection'. They chose that career and way of life.

To answer the question, I have met quite a few famous folk, the most famous being Margaret Thatcher. I also went to school with a famous person and my ex boss' daughter is married to a very successful rock musician whom I got to know personally through this.

I grew up with a famous person, my dad. He is well known by a lot of people in my community because of his kindness and support for the less privileged. Being his child opened a lot of doors for me as a kid growing up and for that, I am grateful to him.

No, I have not met with anyone who is famous in my life. I love living a quiet and simple life. If I know that a very big celebrity will be coming to the place I want to go today, I will change my plans from going there to another day. I don't like being in crowded places.

Actually, it is very difficult to meet someone very famous because they always travel by car or on those roads where there are not many people, but once when I was visiting New York, I saw on the street a not very famous actress Olga Kurylenko, who is from my country, but is acting in Hollywood

Last edited:
I have met actors and singers. When I met them they were not very popular, they were struggling musicians and actors, however, later they went to become very popular actors and singers in the country.When I met them they were simple people, I do not know what has become of them these days as they have earned name and fame.

Actually, it is very difficult to meet someone very famous because they always travel by car or on those roads where there are not many people, but once when I was visiting New York, I saw on the street a not very famous actress Olga Kurylenko, who is from my country, but is acting in Hollywood
There is a good possibility of meeting a popular person in a public transportation which you're into. The chance is there for it to happen, it's all about how lucky you are to be there at the right time when a celebrity will decide to make use of a public transportation, although the chances is small.

No, I'm an introvert who doesn't go out very well. I don't go to places where there will be a chance of meeting anyone popular. I like living my life on a low key.

I grew up with a famous person, my dad. He is well known by a lot of people in my community because of his kindness and support for the less privileged. Being his child opened a lot of doors for me as a kid growing up and for that, I am grateful to him.

It's very good to be proud of your own family. It's your parents who played the biggest role in your life when they gave birth to you. It's normal for them to be seen as a hero or very famous people. What they have done in your life cannot be achieved by another person.

No, I'm an introvert who doesn't go out very well. I don't go to places where there will be a chance of meeting anyone popular. I like living my life on a low key.
I am also an introvert, but this does not mean that it is impossible to meet someone wherever you are. In my opinion, celebrities are on the contrary more where no one chooses to be at the same time. They can visit very simple cafes where there are several people a day

Someone being an introvert doesn't mean the person won't go out of the house to meet other people but they normally do it in a limited manner. So, I know there is a possibility of an introvert being able to meet some famous people but they will likely withdraw from having any face-to-face interaction with those people.

If you talk about personal encounters, I have never met anyone famous that close, but I have come across some on various occasions.

I have actually shared a table and bottle of drinks with a rapper who is acclaimed to be the best rapper alive in Africa. His name is MI Abaga. He has actually won MTV awards for best rapper of the year. He invited me to lunch with him because I could rap one particular song of his word to word on a radio show.

I did not manage to meet someone famous because there are no such people in my city and I have not been to very big cities in order to meet such people. I mostly watch foreign movies, so those actors or singers are unlikely to be in my city

Yes I have seen just few famous people but from far distance in my life so far and I feel I met them

Back