Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Gaming Game you became ridiculously addicted to?

Smokey

Off The Mark
Reaction score

Are there any games you've been ridiculously addicted to? For me, it was Phantasy Star Online. I got into it on the dreamcast back in the day but when I was able to play online for the first time with Blue Burst on the PC, I got really addicted to it running dungeons with people and ocmpleting quests leveling my character up to 200 and collecting gear. I would play for 10+ hours each day and barely be up for school the next day. It was a pretty bad addiction :p

Have you ever been addicted to a game before?

Plenty of times. Most recently, it was FIFA 22. I played 700+ hours of it in less than a year. Let’s just say I didn’t get much uni work done!

There was a time about 2 years back when I got really addicted to PUBG Mobile. I used to play it for hours whenever I had some time. Always wanted to push and reach Conqueror (Top Rank). Right now, I don't play it anymore as about a year back it was banned in India along with other Chinese apps. Now, it is back to India as BGMI and ownership is with Korea now. But still I have not installed and play yet. just didn't feel like it.

W hen I bought my smartphone for the first time, the device had Candy Crush pre installed. As I started playing the game, I started enjoying, I started spending more time every day. Normally I would play in the evening and sometimes I would be playing until 4 in the morning. I was very addicted. Then I uninstalled the game

I played GTA 5 and CSGO most of the time, but once a friend asked me to play Fortnite and I really didn't want to because I didn't like literally everything about it, but over time, while we were playing, I really liked this game, I spent a lot of time in it however, I didn't become so addicted that I couldn't quit

I had a dangerous addiction to Pro Evolution Soccer game as a 16 year old. I used to steal my mum's money to go play the game in commercial game centres. I even had to miss an high school exam because I was playing PES.

I am a hobbyist game trying to become a pro, so you can understand I am addicted to gaming. I am addicted to a lot of games and if I start making list it will get really long. Some of the games I am adding are Final Fantasy, (the entire series) God of Wars series, Assassin's Creed series, Forza Horizon series etc.

I used to spend a lot of time playing PUBG. It was at the time when this game just became available for smartphones and I think a lot of people were like that because it was very interesting to play a game that you could only play on a computer and now it is on a smartphone

For me it was GTA San Andreas. I have been so addicted to the game that I have actually played it multiple times in the past few years.

The game that consumed countless hours of my life was Civilization V. Building an empire from a fledgling settlement, researching technologies, and conquering rivals became an obsession. I'd lose track of time, playing deep into the night, just one more turn. The addictive "just one more turn" loop made it impossible to quit until my eyes were burning. Civ V's depth and replayability hooked me hard.

Yeah I was addicted to playing PES on the Play station consoles. It started from Play station 2 all the way to 4. Now I have overcome the addiction, I have not even played a game on the Play station 5 console.

The game that consumed countless hours of my life was Civilization V. Building an empire from a fledgling settlement, researching technologies, and conquering rivals became an obsession. I'd lose track of time, playing deep into the night, just one more turn. The addictive "just one more turn" loop made it impossible to quit until my eyes were burning. Civ V's depth and replayability hooked me hard.
This game is not on mobile right? The one I play is city island. It's actually fun building civilization and the likes though.

I used to spend a lot of time playing PUBG. It was at the time when this game just became available for smartphones and I think a lot of people were like that because it was very interesting to play a game that you could only play on a computer and now it is on a smartphone
I never get the hype around PUBG. A lot of my friends used to play it online throughout the night, even displaying all sorts of emotions. But I didn't play it, probably because it is online and consumes too much data.

Featured Articles

Back