Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

"Friends" who talk behind your back?

Bizdustry

Off The Mark

Reaction score
So, I've had a friend in real life, a work colleague who I trusted who ended up going behind my back and asking others to put a complaint in against me. Friends who talk behind your back can give you a sense of portrayal. Has this ever happened to you?

So, I've had a friend in real life, a work colleague who I trusted who ended up going behind my back and asking others to put a complaint in against me. Friends who talk behind your back can give you a sense of portrayal. Has this ever happened to you?
Happens a lot. But that's life! you learn how to spot these kind of people and just don't make them feel important.

Honestly I'm sure people talk about myself behind my back at work since they come to me and talk about other people too, but honestly I don't care. I'm there to get a paycheck and I try to get along with everyone since I have to put up with them for 10 hours but you can't please everyone. As long as you get you work done, that's all that matters. In most cases after you leave your current job, you typically don't keep in contact with your old work friends unless you really had a close friendship with them.

If someone talks about you behind your back, are they really a friend? I don't think so. Trust is a huge part of friendship, as with any relationship, so if you can't trust someone you consider a friend, I wouldn't call them a friend.

It's better not to talk behind people's back or be the complainer (out in the open) type. It causes a lot of people to hate you. Anyway, some learn this the hard way.

A friend will never gossip behind your back, rather they will tell you what have been said behind your back. I'll never trust any friend who sneaks behind my back to talk.

This is why I don't trust any human being except for my mother. Human beings are meant to betray, I will never take that with any of them not to screw me over.

Anyone who talks behind your back is not a friend.
Someone who I was friends with would always talk behind my back. I ended up removing all contacts and stopped the friendship.

Most of the so called people whom you called your friends especially at work will end up sooner or later betray you if they have a good reason to. Some of them doesn't need a good reason either, they are simply good at turning on others. There are no true real friends at work.

If someone talks behind your back he or she is not your friend right? A friend is a person who not only says good things on your face but even the bad things so that you help your self. Sadly, it is very common to have people around who who frequently talk about you behind your back. Some even go ahead and start pulling your leg

You can talk behind my back as my friend but it all depends on what you have been saying about me at my back. If you're the kind of friend who says the truth and good thing about me at my back, I will be proud to have such a person in my life as a friend.

I have never been a thirsty fool, but I have my cousin with whom we have a very good relationship, but he very often does what you described, but I cannot stop communicating with him, because he is still my family and he is almost the only one of who we have the same views on many things

Whenever a friend of mine is doing everything right by me, I will always do my possible best to reciprocate the same thing he is doing for me and it includes having a very good things to say about the person because the person is doing the same thing for me in the face of every other person that he or she is communicating with.

I worry less about anyone who is talking behind my back. What are they going to achieve with that? I mean, it doesn't even look like there is anything that they are going to do to show that they can say it in my face.

I worry less about anyone who is talking behind my back. What are they going to achieve with that? I mean, it doesn't even look like there is anything that they are going to do to show that they can say it in my face.

The only thing those weak and cowardly individuals can be able to do at your back is to talk down on you and say things that they can never summon the courage to say in your face because you are not there. They are not the right kind of people to call friends which is why I don't mingle with any of them if I find out that is exactly how they are.

Yes it has happened to me on several occasions, I have had some friends and even loved one who I felt I could do anything for, but in the end they where saying all sort of negative things about me.

I've been stabbed in the back and betrayed so many times that I expect it to happen. I have a very hard time trusting anyone anymore.

When I was a high school teacher, I had a friend who we used to trek together back home. I was popular amongst the female students and this my friend joined other colleagues to say that I have slept with some students. It pained me and I cried.

I would not even call such people like that friends, because it will be an abuse of the word. With friends like those who needs enemies? Betrayals like that can be very painful but then, one moves on.

Unfortunately, I have been on the receiving end of friends gossiping about me behind my back before. It's a sickening feeling when you realize people you trusted have been making judgments and spreading rumors at your expense. Beyond the hurt and betrayal, it does make you second-guess what they've been saying or thinking that you're unaware of.

Back