Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Foreign Movies

Nomad

Veteran
Reaction score

By foreign movies I mean movies in the language that you do not speak? Do you watch foreign movies? What kind of foreign movies do you watch?
I watch English movies (English is a foreign language for me). I also watch movies in Korean, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Hindi languages. When I watch movies, language is not my choice, I watch for the story and story treatment.

I watch a lot Korean and Chinese movies and TV shows. The best Korean drama series I've seen are ; City Hunger, A Man They Call God, Athena and Iris.

I liked Das Boot. It was a German WWIi submarine movie, but it doesn't mean I sympathized with that regime. Anyway, besides that movie, I haven't gotten into foreign films, except for The City of God, a Brazilian movie that was also excellent.

I've watched a lot of Indian movies which were all good in plot and their dancing of course. What's an Indian movie with multiple dancing scenes 😂.

The Protector was the last foreign TV show I watched. It's a Turkish movie and a kind of adventure as well as supernatural theme based. It's not a bad TV show. I enjoyed watching it.

By foreign movies I mean movies in the language that you do not speak? Do you watch foreign movies? What kind of foreign movies do you watch?
I watch English movies (English is a foreign language for me). I also watch movies in Korean, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Hindi languages. When I watch movies, language is not my choice, I watch for the story and story treatment.

I have watched a lot of Korean movies because they put a lot of efforts in making their movies. The fighting storyline makes it an interesting type of movie that I will also want to watch most of the time. I can't differentiate between a Korean movie and a Japanese one though, but I enjoy watching most of them.

The Protector was the last foreign TV show I watched. It's a Turkish movie and a kind of adventure as well as supernatural theme-based. It's not a bad TV show. I enjoyed watching it.
People nowadays are fun with a lot of series that are in Turkish. Even television channels translate into the native language for people to show and cherish from moment to pass their advertisement. Alternatively, you could learn Turkish but it takes time I find it useless to just watch Turkish movies if the chance to work in Turkey is null in your country.

I have watched a lot of Korean movies because they put a lot of efforts in making their movies. The fighting storyline makes it an interesting type of movie that I will also want to watch most of the time. I can't differentiate between a Korean movie and a Japanese one though, but I enjoy watching most of them.
Yes, it is really difficult to differentiate a Japanese movie and Korean movies if you have never been introduced to these cultures. I have watched a lot of Korean movies and A Take of Two Sisters and Oldboy happen to be some of my favorite movies. Both of these movies are thriller. You should really watch these movies

Last edited:
I'm not bigl fan, but I'm a one of anime and I'm interested in watching it translated, but sometimes I turn on random episodes just to listen to how they sound in other languages and also in the original Japanese. I once saw a translation in German and it was very offensive to me, but I do not insult the Russian language

I watch Korean and Japanese movies a lot, which is not an issue since I can always follow through with subtitles. I also watched a few Spanish movies like la casa de papel, and I would probably not have loved it as much if I watched it dubbed in English.

I do enjoy watching foreign films, even in languages I don't speak. I find that the cultural perspectives, visual storytelling, and emotional resonance of these movies often transcend linguistic barriers. I'm particularly drawn to thought-provoking international dramas, surreal and imaginative cinema from Asia, and gritty, socially-conscious films from Latin America.

I sometimes watch movies in English, but only those that are invented in order to learn English easily, because it is difficult for me to understand the simple pronunciation of the actors. And they also speak very complicated words that I don't even know

Yes I usually watch a lot of them and I actually enjoy them. From Chinese dramas to Korean, to japanese, and also Thailand and India. I usually watch all of them.

I sometimes watch movies in English, but only those that are invented in order to learn English easily, because it is difficult for me to understand the simple pronunciation of the actors. And they also speak very complicated words that I don't even know
There is no point in limiting oneself to the movies that are produced locally. You get to enjoy varieties by expanding to other countries as well.

@Nomad Is Hindi not spoken in your country?

I watch English movies to an extent, as I don't understand the accents they speak in the movies. Other than this, I don't watch any movies in foreign languages. I like to watch foreign movies if the subtitles are there at the bottom.

@Nomad Is Hindi not spoken in your country?

I watch English movies to an extent, as I don't understand the accents they speak in the movies. Other than this, I don't watch any movies in foreign languages. I like to watch foreign movies if the subtitles are there at the bottom.
There are Hindi speaking communities in the country but the language is not officially accepted in the constitution. Therefore, technically Hindi is a foreign language for us. Interestingly, Bollywood movies are widely watched in the country. I also frequently watch Bollywood movies and the last one I watched was Doctor G.

There are Hindi speaking communities in the country but the language is not officially accepted in the constitution. Therefore, technically Hindi is a foreign language for us. Interestingly, Bollywood movies are widely watched in the country. I also frequently watch Bollywood movies and the last one I watched was Doctor G.
Wow that is new to me. So you mean that despite having a sizable population of Hindi speakers, the language is not officially recognized?

What's this doctor G about, is it a medical film? Though I have not really come across an India film that places major focus on medicine.

What's this doctor G about, is it a medical film? Though I have not really come across an India film that places major focus on medicine.
The movie is about a guy who wants to do specialization on Ortho but ends up in a Gyno department where the female doctors start making fun of him. It is a hilarious movie with some serious overtures. The movie is available on youtube, you can watch with a subtitle.

I like to watch Russian and Polish films because they are really into WW2 and so am I.

Featured Articles

Back