Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Football

Unfortunately both Messi and Ronaldo are no longer at the peak of their career which is the reason why I am no longer interested in that debate. There are new younger players who are supposed to be getting such attention and not debating about players that are nearly 40 years old.
Those players that are coming up are exceptional but they have not been able to generate the buzz that C Ronaldo and Messi generated even at the same young age of those upcoming. How do you explain that Messi is still looked up to in Argentina and Ronaldo is starting for Portugal in Euros. The debate rages on.

I like to disagree with that, I strongly feel Football is not popular and actually I am comparing it with Cricket and I am sure when we see our National team in different contests and most importantly doing well then companies will start promoting it more, I feel hocket is more popular as compared to football but sadly even the hockey board isn't interested in its promotion and hasn't been doing anything to promote the game
When compared to Cricket, no other game gets the same kind of hype and media attention. That's unfortunate and kills interest of many aspiring athletes and sportspersons other than Cricket. No media gave attention to Sunil Chhetri retirement recently. Surprisingly, he comes in the league of Ronaldo and Messi when it comes to goals in international tournament. Unfortunately, our youth doesn't know that. Some of our football players have world records but we don't know. Unfortunate!!

Yes, it is true that there are lots of football fans in India. Within my family, we watch the World Cup or any other major tournaments and are always interested in knowing which team is playing well. But the thing is, our team doesn't play well. If our team were playing well and able to qualify for the major tournaments, the number of fans of football would increase.

Yes, it is true that there are lots of football fans in India. Within my family, we watch the World Cup or any other major tournaments and are always interested in knowing which team is playing well. But the thing is, our team doesn't play well. If our team were playing well and able to qualify for the major tournaments, the number of fans of football would increase.
It is because Indian government has not taken football seriously. They have not put in enough investments to boost the game of football. Let them hire a top class foreign coach for the national team and in two years, India would be able to qualify for a major football tournament.

For me l think that both of the legends have a very long tenure on serving for their talents. You can just imagine the Christian Ronaldo at his age currently is still performing very well unlike the young and most upcoming players in his present club for sure.

Messi or Ronaldo?
Actually it was hard to make a choice between them because they are great players with also great history but for me I will choose messi because he won all major trophy's including world cup

Back