Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Football

It's a tough choice to make for any sports fan. Both of them are legends in their own way. And they both are at par with each other. No one is superior or inferior to other. Unless you belong to the Royal fan club of either, you would praise both as a sports lover.

I prefer lamine yamal because he is still a teenager

Lamine Yamal is just a teenager. He is just 17 and looks so promising on the field. I am sure that this Spanish footballer has a long journey ahead of him and he is truly capable of having a legendary journey of his own

I don't follow football but I am aware of the Football great and even Kylian Mbappe is a very good footballer

I don't really follow football and I am not a fan of any club or team, but if I must choose between the two, then I guess my choice would be Ronaldo.

I think the debate of Messi and Ronaldo should be antique by now. They are both past their primes and have done more than enough in the realm of football. Let us focus on new talents and younger generation already.

Football is starting to get popular in India although I never liked it. I will choose Messi between these two

Football is starting to get popular in India although I never liked it. I will choose Messi between these two
Actually the best period of Indian football was some six decades back. We were Olympians, won gold medal at Asian Games and were called Brazil of Asia. But unfortunately, despite so many talents, the sport didn't get enough nurturing and encouragement. It's high time that India gives its due to this sport. Sunil Chhetri comes in the league of Ronaldo and Messi. He is among the top goal scorers in International games. But unfortunately, he did not get the limelight that he deserves.

In India majority don't like football and this is why we don't see much growth for football and most follow cricket but in a way its not good

I noticed this, it seems majority of the Indians prefer cricket to anything else.

In India majority don't like football and this is why we don't see much growth for football and most follow cricket but in a way its not good
I think that is a very wrong notion. There is a huge fan base for soccer in India. If you see the statistics, a huge percentage of viewership of any of these tournaments likr FIFA and Euro comes from India. My husband, daughter, nephew and nieces are crazy about soccer like that for cricket. Sadly we don't have our national team to cheer for in these tournaments. They don't qualify.

I think that is a very wrong notion. There is a huge fan base for soccer in India. If you see the statistics, a huge percentage of viewership of any of these tournaments likr FIFA and Euro comes from India. My husband, daughter, nephew and nieces are crazy about soccer like that for cricket. Sadly we don't have our national team to cheer for in these tournaments. They don't qualify.
Why doesn't India have a national team though? I heard some stories about India being banned from playing football while growing up, is this really true or just some rumors.

Why doesn't India have a national team though? I heard some stories about India being banned from playing football while growing up, is this really true or just some rumors.
We have a national team, but unfortunately we have not qualified to any big tournaments for a long time. Surprisingly few of our players have incredible records too.. Sadly, the team doesn't get enough sponsorship, nurturing and support like Cricket would do. Indian team was incredible in 1960s and was called Brazil of Asia. But then the legacy could not be continued.
I have not heard about any such news of ban..I have to check. It sounds like rumour.

I am a Manchester United fan and I am inclined to be a Ronaldo fan and I am rightly one. He is a legend of Manchester United. And there are no doubts about that. Messi is a great footballer by every right.

We have a national team, but unfortunately we have not qualified to any big tournaments for a long time. Surprisingly few of our players have incredible records too.. Sadly, the team doesn't get enough sponsorship, nurturing and support like Cricket would do. Indian team was incredible in 1960s and was called Brazil of Asia. But then the legacy could not be continued.
I have not heard about any such news of ban..I have to check. It sounds like rumour.
Oh wow, if that's the case I believe a time would come where someone would want to revive this aspect of the country and once proper sponsorship is given, things can pretty much kick off.

Oh wow, if that's the case I believe a time would come where someone would want to revive this aspect of the country and once proper sponsorship is given, things can pretty much kick off.
It will definitely. It needs nurturing and to be brought back to the limelight and appreciation like it was six decades back. That would boost the moral of the team. And more new talents would come forward for professional football playing.

I like to disagree with that, I strongly feel Football is not popular and actually I am comparing it with Cricket and I am sure when we see our National team in different contests and most importantly doing well then companies will start promoting it more, I feel hocket is more popular as compared to football but sadly even the hockey board isn't interested in its promotion and hasn't been doing anything to promote the game

If local teams start coming up and we have sponsors who would create various competitions and the likes am sure that would make football a lot more popular in India. Cause definitely there are people who are fans of various football clubs in India.

Messi or Ronaldo?

Unfortunately both Messi and Ronaldo are no longer at the peak of their career which is the reason why I am no longer interested in that debate. There are new younger players who are supposed to be getting such attention and not debating about players that are nearly 40 years old.

Back