Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Ever experienced a home cooking disaster?

Teegold

Veteran

Reaction score
There was a time I decided to bake a cake at home. I have never done it before, but I wanted to give it a try. After watching a few YouTube videos, I got the ingredients and started.
Long story short, what I ended up making was burnt biscuits, with the oven all messed up! I didn't know what went wrong. I had to discard them all, what a waste of time, efforts and resources 😥
Kindly share your cooking attempts that didn't end well.

I have experienced this on several occasions in the past before. I ended up cooking burnt food. This usually happens whenever I am trying to do multiple things at the same time or I am in a hurry. Though there are times I have done multiple things while cooking and the food comes out okay.

I have burnt veggies and condiments early on in my life when I was trying to cook whenever I am alone at home but these days I don't even try lol

I have burnt veggies and condiments early on in my life when I was trying to cook whenever I am alone at home but these days I don't even try lol
Hahaha who knows this time it might actually come out pretty well, why not give it another goal?

ALL the time! Tonight , for example was another disaster, I burned my rice 😞. Some people don't belong in the kitchen. No matter how many times I try, how hard I try to follow a recipe sadly, it never comes out good. The only things that I think I can make is pancakes and rice pudding.

ALL the time! Tonight , for example was another disaster, I burned my rice 😞. Some people don't belong in the kitchen. No matter how many times I try, how hard I try to follow a recipe sadly, it never comes out good. The only things that I think I can make is pancakes and rice pudding.
Lol sorry to hear that, but accidents like that tend to happen. Just keep trying and don't give it. Am pretty sure you will get things right one of these days.

Cooking disaster has been always the thing I normally see and it doesn't touch me but now I see things changing and getting more than my expectation which I try to find solution to it

It's mostly related to excess salt and spicy and both can be controlled so it was not a major disaster

For me, it was the day that I tried to do a beans recipe called moi moi. That's something I have never tried. It ended up too watery and inedible. I had to throw it away.

I don't cook often so you can expect these disasters whenever I cook and since I take help of my wife over phone if she's not home, I never faced many disasters

Back