Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Domain Registrar

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
Which domain registrar do you buy your domains from? Do you register your domains for 1 year or longer?

I’ve bought domains from a few different registrars over the years but most recently I bought discussionhub.net from NameCheap for a very good price. I only register my domains for 1 year.

I typically go with Namecheap for registering domain names, though I have a couple of domain names through my hosting. Namecheap usually does have the best prices on domain names, I've been using them for years now!

I’ve only bought a domain once before and it was through Wordpress. It was decent I’m thinking of doing it again

It helps to have a paid domain and it also feels cool to own one. There’s some good deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday so you can get one for super cheap then.
Was just gonna say every year I see Black Friday sales for web hosting and domain registration etc and I always wait for November to check these Black Friday sales...

As for who I use it's Web Hosting Canada and we're also their affiliates so anyone wanting to check they prices/sales can help us out by using our affiliate link below:

TheGx Web Hosting Canada.jpg

Plus they use green energy and leave no carbon footprint so they're one of the ethical choices out there as well as the cheapest prices I've seen so far...

As for how long I register for I usually take the cheapest deals and that's usually a 3 year plan that saves me 70% to 80% off the regular piece...

Last edited:
I use Namecheap, primarily because it is what the forum software owner recommends we use for our domain registrar. I pay for the domain yearly.

Namecheap have given me everything I ask for when I want to buy a new domain. I've gotten fair deals from them and it's why I keep using their services for years.

I have always used Namechep. I bought my first domain in 2015 through namecheap., Back then they were not a domain registrar, instead they were domain reseller. Domains on Namecheap are really cheap. YOu can even get discouts for domain renewals. Currently, I have 7 domains with namecheap

Back