Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Gaming Do you usually have a change of personality when gaming?

eLdavis

Veteran
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I have seen several cases where a person's personality changes when gaming. For some naturally they are not the competitive type, but when it comes to gaming they are always competitive. Back then I remember I used to get a little bit aggressive in a game after I must have experienced failure in a particular level or stage several times.

As a gamer, it is very understandable and relatable. People usually say that the true colors of a person is revealed when he is gaming, so I do believe that a person's real trait is often shown when he is losing or things are not going well for you in the game.

It's the opposite for me because in reality I can be a bit evil but when I start playing games I'm very cheerful and because of that I do a lot of bad things just to cheer myself up but some players can get mad at me because it can interfere with their winning the game

I wouldn't say I experience a dramatic change in personality, but gaming does allow me to embrace different aspects of myself. In competitive games, I tend to become more intense and laser-focused on outplaying my opponents.

It's the opposite for me because in reality I can be a bit evil but when I start playing games I'm very cheerful and because of that I do a lot of bad things just to cheer myself up but some players can get mad at me because it can interfere with their winning the game
Wow that's a unique personality you have there. Maybe you should be playing games nonstop so that you will always be cheerful throughout the day!

When I play PES soccer, I become a naturally tactical person when on the game. I cut a frustrated figure when I am being beaten very well. I switch to a motivated person when I can equalise and have a chance of winning. It is all the different emotions that make gaming worthwhile.

When I play PES soccer, I become a naturally tactical person when on the game. I cut a frustrated figure when I am being beaten very well. I switch to a motivated person when I can equalise and have a chance of winning. It is all the different emotions that make gaming worthwhile.
I can absolutely relate with this. I will just turn to pep guardiola whenever I'm playing PES on PlayStation. From winning to equalizing to losing, there are a roller coaster of emotions that go through me.

I remember when I was paying grand theft auto vice city for the first time. I was playing the mission where I had to use a speed boat. I can't really remember much of the details, but I failed multiple times, i instantly turned into the hulk 😂😂

I remember when I was paying grand theft auto vice city for the first time. I was playing the mission where I had to use a speed boat. I can't really remember much of the details, but I failed multiple times, i instantly turned into the hulk 😂😂
Truly, there some stages in the game that one can spend a lot of time on without achieving any tangible for that time period. It tends to get annoying.

Truly, there some stages in the game that one can spend a lot of time on without achieving any tangible for that time period. It tends to get annoying.
I swear, the games that suffered me the most is GTA vice city, and GTA San Andreas. Legend of Zelda also gave me issues back then as well.

Featured Articles

Back