Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you use a tablet?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
A tablet is a portable computing device with a touchscreen interface, it is larger than a smartphone but smaller than a laptop. Some tablets also come with a detachable keyboard, thus bridging the laptop and a tablet. Tablets are commonly used for web browsing, email, gaming, reading e-books, watching videos, and other multimedia activities. I have a tablet and I use mostly to read ebooks and watch movies online.

I used to have a tablet and I used it mainly only for reading and watching videos because it was convenient, but over time I decided to buy printed books and watch videos on my laptop, so I sold the tablet

I have used one and own one now. It is not a high end tablet. I use it mainly for casual browsing as the smartphone screen is too small.

I prefer PC and monitor when it is possible.

I don't use one presently, but I am hoping to buy one for myself in the future. A tablet would be awesome for my video editing gigs and also game playing.

In fact, I would like to write that the tablet is not very convenient for games because the screen has a shape close to a square, so the picture is completely different than on the phone, and also the tablets are not made so powerful for playing, but it is at your own discretion

No don't have one but my girlfriend does and I use that sometimes. (when she lets me) lol

While I was an early adopter of tablet technology, these days I find myself rarely using a dedicated tablet device. With larger smartphone screens and lightweight laptop options, tablets have become somewhat redundant for my needs. That said, I did enjoy the novelty of a tablet when they first emerged the portable form factor was great for casual web browsing, reading, and media consumption.

Tablets usually feel too big on my hands which is why I don't fancy them like that. I prefer using my smartphone that is smaller and portable, and easier to pick calls with.

No, I don't have a tablet either, because in my opinion it's worth it because I have a smartphone with a large screen and it's convenient to watch movies and play games on it, and there's no point in a tablet for me

I had an Apple tablet but I was robbed off it when armed robbers attacked by street and my apartment. Since then, I have not yet bought a replacement tab. But I hope to do that very soon because it can be very convenient for a lot of mobile activities.

I haven't used a tablet and have no plans to own one as I don't think its any special as I can work both on my mobile and computer so I don't need to own another device

I used samsung tablet for some time but I find it hard to use because of the big screen so I prefer smartphone

A tablet is a portable computing device with a touchscreen interface, it is larger than a smartphone but smaller than a laptop. Some tablets also come with a detachable keyboard, thus bridging the laptop and a tablet. Tablets are commonly used for web browsing, email, gaming, reading e-books, watching videos, and other multimedia activities. I have a tablet and I use mostly to read ebooks and watch movies online.
No I am not a fan and I don't used a tablet because I don't feel comfortable with it it was too big for me I don't enjoy using it at all.

No I am not a fan and I don't used a tablet because I don't feel comfortable with it it was too big for me I don't enjoy using it at all.
Lol I prefer using it indoors and it's fun to use for video editing. I am into video editing. The size is also good for playing games.

Lol I prefer using it indoors and it's fun to use for video editing. I am into video editing. The size is also good for playing games.
Yes the size was also good for playing games actually you are but I prefer to used portable devices and I am not in to video editing.

Yes the size was also good for playing games actually you are but I prefer to used portable devices and I am not in to video editing.
Lok that's cool though. While I would love to have a tablet, I still want to have a phone of my own too.

I don't own a tablet. I have a phone but it's old so I like to earn enough for a new phone till I find a job.

Back