Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you think we'll ever see an end to racism?

Ray

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Racism have been like a cancer to human race. It doesn't want to go away because it's human beings who are propagating it to still hold strong ground in our world. A lot of people have been killed as a result of racism, worldwide protest have been carried out but nothing have stopped racism.

Do you think racism will one day be gone from our world?

I certainly hope so. It will require a collective effort to challenge and dismantle racist systems, promote equality, and foster empathy and understanding among people of all backgrounds. I believe some progress has been made, but there is still work to be done.

I will not deceive myself when we talk about racism becoming extinct in our world because I know that it's impossible for such to happen. Racism is part of the world and the world is part of racism. I was watching a Fortnite streamer two day ago, after he lost, he went on a rampage about going to shoot up a black neighbourhood and a hospital.

I won't even write that I hope because it makes no sense to me. I am not a racist and never have been and never will be, and I do not understand people who are and continue to do so. I know what needs to happen in the world for this to ever change and stop forever

There is no stopping of racism. War have been fought over this and massive protest carried out but it's still right here looking every one of us in the face. I know it's we human beings who need to change for racism to be removed from our world but sadly some people have said no to change.

I do not think there will be end to racism. That's because people are divided by races, religions, and cultures. Racism is as old as human civilization. I believe if there was just one race, one religion, and one culture, there would not be any kind of racial issues. But alas we live in a society divided by races, casts and creeds.

The human civilization started off with racism decades ago. This is why it looks like racism is part of the human culture. Those who are racists doesn't want to hear about asking them to change from that kind of behaviour. They will be willing to defend their racist acts no matter what it takes.

If it's possible, we would have seen the end of racism a very long time ago. What I do is try avoid moving to where there's high rate of racists person living together.

If it's possible, we would have seen the end of racism a very long time ago. What I do is try avoid moving to where there's high rate of racists person living together.

There is racism in every corner of the world which is why I think there isn't any part of the world where you're going to travel to that you will not see people who are racists behaving the way they are towards some other people. It is highly unavoidable situation that we face in the world as it stands.

I really wish we could one day see the end of racism, but I do not think I will see it within my life time :(

I would like to think it would; however, I don't see it happening any time soon.

I doubt this would ever stop, the only way it's if everyone change their mentality and mindset, which I believe is impossible for everyone to completely agree on one thing.

No, people are different and each group likes to have cohesion. There will conflict among groups, that is not going to go away any time soon.

Is human nature going to change? Racism has not increased it's just become more acceptable to show it. The next facade to drop will be 'transphobia'. Political correctness is melting away and slowly but surely in different countries all over the world people, are allowing their true feelings on this to show.

If Trump gets elected then people will be more forth coming and you will see both racism and transphobia 'increase'. In truth it has always been there but has been well hidden.

Racism would never stop. As far as people are identified by their origins, they would always see the other group as inferior or feel insecure about themselves. The best we can do is not to endorse it but keep frowning at it to minimize it.

Racism would never stop. As far as people are identified by their origins, they would always see the other group as inferior or feel insecure about themselves. The best we can do is not to endorse it but keep frowning at it to minimize it.
This will never be able to change if we continue to think like this because we will always be different and we just need to accept that fact and live and move on with respect for everyone. In my opinion, racism has become much weaker over the years and to this day

I don't think racism is going to end anytime soon. The challenge is not with the fans who go to watch games, but with those people that you see at bars and pubs where they racially abuse others.

The challenge has made things not easy for anyone that is looking at making it there at all. This means we won't see an end to racism at the moment.

No, people are different and each group likes to have cohesion. There will conflict among groups, that is not going to go away any time soon.
That's for sure, because over the years, racism can change shape and new disputes may arise that have not existed before. It is like the evolution of racism and one day it will reach its apogee

It is the human nature to behave that way. If you are in a group, there will always be a gang that likes to take over. That is there in all forms of society.

Racism is a vicious cycle of ignorance and hatred that has plagued humanity for far too long. While I desperately want to believe we can eradicate it completely someday, realistically, some form of prejudice may always exist due to our flawed human nature. However, through continuous education, openness to different cultures, and an unwavering stance against discrimination, we can steadily diminish racism over generations.

Back