Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you think being polite is considered a weakness by people?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Unfortunately, due to beliefs or cultural influences, some people may view politeness as a weakness. A few people may take advantage of someone else's courtesy, giving the impression to others that being nice leaves you open to abuse. It happens with me many times and I have to let realise people that my politeness is not my weakness. Do you also think so? Have someone ever taken an advantage of you being polite?

I do feel this and many times we feel the person who is so polite is some loser or not well or like that but instead we should appreciate the person

Actually you are right and sometimes I usually think so but also my politeness is not also my weakness because I always like to encouraged or appreciate others

I am never polite LOL and like to just talk and never add the flavor of politeness but I should think of it too and its important to speak politely

For some persons, they might actually see it as a weakness, but I don't see it that way. It takes someone who is strong to be polite, even in situations where being polite is not called for.

Sometimes we also feel amazed at such persons because they will talk politely with everyone even with those that are so low in rank but actually we all should do that

Yes and that's actually the best thing to do. I see people with all their wealth or influence, they still remain humble always.

Some people actually see people that are polite as being weak. They actually believe that strong people should be always displaying aggressive behaviour. They don't understand that mental strength might not be a public show as they think.

Being polite is a very good and reserved quality in human being. It's never a sign of weakness but a sign of strength. It takes so much courage and strength for you to be polite when someone is disrespectful.

Back