Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you remember your first website?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
If you are creating websites still to this day, there is a chance you have been creating websites now for quite a while.

I don't know if everyone is the same but I always remember the very first website I created when I was around 14 years old and that was when my love for running and building websites started.

I remember using Geocities to create a fan website for a band I was a huge fan of at the time. I used to love using Geocities but unfortunately, it is no longer around.

Kinda. My first website was a cricket forum, I think. I was a big cricket fan back in the day and I was on a lot of cricket forums which inspired me to create my own. It wasn’t much of a success but it was a fun experience.

The first website which I can remember using was a health and fitness forum. I've been very paranoid about my health and fitness since I was a kid. I was always looking for where to get more information on how to get my health right. This is what led me to finding the forum at a very young age.

My first site was really bad, animated gif’s everywhere dark purple and black. I was all about goth back then so my board reflected that. It didn’t really have a name it was with rapidforum back in 2003

Sadly, I cannot remember no matter how much u try. I can remember it was a website around the time of yahoo messenger era.

I remember using Geocities to create a fan website for a band I was a huge fan of at the time. I used to love using Geocities but unfortunately, it is no longer around.

lol... I do remember Geocities :) I did too.
But my first website was done on my computer and saved into a floppy disk :)
Yesterday I was just taking with my friend how times have changed since that time. I was so exiting to connect to internet those days :) with an AOL cd :) amazing! I love humans!

I think the first website I created was back in 1996! I created a couple around this time. Gameunit.com and myGamer.com were both created then. Mygamer is still up and running :)
LogoHD.png

I had a "website in a box". It had to be configured based on what I wanted to sell. It was a catalog for buying products.

Yes, I remember my first and last website (I've created only one in my life). It was a ZetaBoards forum on WWE RAW PC game modding. We used to create mods and share them in the forum. It was quite active. The year was 2014 as far as I remember when I had launched it. It came to an end with ZB.

Kinda. My first website was a cricket forum, I think. I was a big cricket fan back in the day and I was on a lot of cricket forums which inspired me to create my own. It wasn’t much of a success but it was a fun experience.
I have never been a cricket fan. The truth is that I don't understand the sports. Fair enough, I have tried to understand it by playing some cricket video games but it wasn't helping. I did joined a few cricket forums to see what I can learn from there that would make me understand the sports all to no avail.

Yes, I do remember my first website. It was a blogspot website where I republished newspaper articles. However, I did not continue with the website for too long. MY first self hosted website was created in 2015. I sold it for a good price back in 2021. The website was multi niche blogs. Interestingly, the new owner did not continue with the website too long.

What I have not been able to start as a website owner is grooming and selling a website for the right price to make some profits from it over a period of time after running and managing the website for let us say between 5 months to 1 year. I want to start doing this because I know those who are doing it as a full time job.

What I have not been able to start as a website owner is grooming and selling a website for the right price to make some profits from it over a period of time after running and managing the website for let us say between 5 months to 1 year. I want to start doing this because I know those who are doing it as a full time job.
It needs someone working five hours every day or even more. Because you start the site from scratch, then you build your niche, and then after this, you enroll on the selling site platform and set up your margin. You have to count advertising and time consumed into consideration and paid money for hosting.

It needs someone working five hours every day or even more. Because you start the site from scratch, then you build your niche, and then after this, you enroll on the selling site platform and set up your margin. You have to count advertising and time consumed into consideration and paid money for hosting.
Website management is very demanding. If you don't have the time to manage a website, it will be difficult to see it become successful. Being jobless to run and manage a website will be too difficult because website management needs money. It can't be successful without money.

Actually I cannot remember my first website because those days I am using java phone

I have never made any website before, but I have always wanted to learn how to make one for some time now just haven't had it in me to learn.

I have never made any website before, but I have always wanted to learn how to make one for some time now just haven't had it in me to learn.
Ok I have an idea to make a website for a long but I start creating some very soon

It was a forum on ProBoards that I used to communicate with my friends. It was like a hangout where we discussed a variety of topics.

Back