Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you prefer to eat spicy food?

Yes its one of the best for us Punjabi's and it tastes really good in Winters and desi ghee is must in this and tastes like heaven

Hmm...my mouth is watering. If it had been winters I would have asked my wife to make Saag today. Yesterday we went out to dine and had chilli potato and it was too spicy that we had to leave it.😅

You should have ordered honey chili potatoes and that would have moderated the effect of spices a little. LOL but winters are quite far and we need to wait for at least 5-6 more months to have the best quality saag

Very interesting topic. Saag and makke di roti is my favourite too. My mother make it very delicious.

Who told me spicy food was bad?

Excessive consumption of spicy food is bad and can affect your stomach. I prefer spicy food, but these days I don't because I develop acidity after eating spicy food. I have not consulted a doctor, but I guess that may be the reason.
I believe that people that are susceptible to diseases like ulcer are advised not to eat to much spicy foods as it can worsen their condition. That's why most people stay away from it.

That's true!!
People should avoid spicy food if they have a disease like ulcers. But for others, a little bit of spice is good for their health. We use lots of spices in the food here, which changes the taste of the food.

When it comes to spicy food, my sister is a freak 😅 sometimes I wonder if we are even related. Though I enjoy spicy food as well but am not the type to always eat it, nor would it be my first option.

I do like spicy food and if the food is not spicy then I may not be able to enjoy the meal

Punjabis like spicy food and it's fine for health but over spicy food is not good for the health.

In India we have a variety of pickles so if we dislike food because of being less spicy, we can take help of pickles

It makes the food sweeter even thou you are not enjoying it

I like spicy food but if it is too spicy then I do like to have curd with it as it can help in subsiding the too much spiciness of food

I think most of the time I prefer spicy food because I enjoy taking it in the morning with my coffee

Spicy food is not for me at all because in this case I cannot taste the food. In my opinion, it is very strange when people eat very spicy food, because in this case they simply enjoy the fact that their whole mouth burns, and not the taste of the food itself

I seldom like to eat spicy food. I do not like my tongue to suffer. It is also not easy to drink water. It takes me a few minutes to rest my tongue before drinking hot or cold water. I also noticed my tears fall when eat spicy food, lol.

I do like spicy food and actually spicy food can be a reason of bad stomach too so I guess I need to reduce the amount of spiciness in my food

I like spicy food but I make it moderately spicy and too much spicy food isn't any good for the health

I like spicy food and we like to add all the spices in our dishes and also like to add Garam Masala

Back