Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you plan your meals in advance?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I know many who have plans to prepare a certain dish or meal on a particular day and in a way that helps as you don't need to rush and arrange ingredients at last minute.

Yes I usually plan my meals in advance most of the time. It helps me save time when I plan. There days where it might take hours before they decide what to eat in the house. Instead of going through that I just plan things before hand.

Its the best option because it will save time and money as you don't need to stock up your pantry and can buy the things you need

I plan my meals at least two or three days ahead of time. I have never been the person to be caught off guard of what I want to eat per time.

I plan my meals at least two or three days ahead of time. I have never been the person to be caught off guard of what I want to eat per time.
I think I really need to start planning my meals, especially due to the fact that I am living with others and I do some of the cooking. It can be stressful and sometimes annoying when I keep cracking my head on what they would eat and still be the one to cook it.

I don't plan on what I will eat. If I am too hungry, I will go and buy junkies and take for the mean time.
My sister is another being that can start thinking about the food she will cook at night in the morning😂.

I don't plan on what I will eat. If I am too hungry, I will go and buy junkies and take for the mean time.
My sister is another being that can start thinking about the food she will cook at night in the morning😂.
Hahaha I can imagine. Over here my mom doesn't eat junkes, so we do not have any choice but to always crack our heads on what we would be eating next.

Hahaha I can imagine. Over here my mom doesn't eat junkes, so we do not have any choice but to always crack our heads on what we would be eating next.
😂😂I don't know why I can't crack my brain because of cooking. The best solution is to create a time table for the food to cook on each day, it will be easier for you and your family not to be cracking brains always.

😂😂I don't know why I can't crack my brain because of cooking. The best solution is to create a time table for the food to cook on each day, it will be easier for you and your family not to be cracking brains always.
Haha that's true, there was a time we had a timetable, i don't even know what happened but we stopped using it after a while. The annoying thing is that most times when you asked them what do you want to eat, their response will be I don't know.

I haven't but my wife must be doing that as she never calls me to pick any urgent ingredients

Haha that's true, there was a time we had a timetable, i don't even know what happened but we stopped using it after a while. The annoying thing is that most times when you asked them what do you want to eat, their response will be I don't know.
The same goes with me. I don't know what to eat but it won't stop me from eating anything I am giving😂. Timetable for food is very necessary because there will be days you won't know what to eat or cook but timetable will always help out.

The same goes with me. I don't know what to eat but it won't stop me from eating anything I am giving😂. Timetable for food is very necessary because there will be days you won't know what to eat or cook but timetable will always help out.
Lol very true. There might also be days you may not even be in the mode to start looking for what to eat. With a time table, you don't have to worry about that aspect.

If you plan your meals in advance then you are saving time and money as you can buy everything when you go for shopping and no need to go when you want

Lol very true. There might also be days you may not even be in the mode to start looking for what to eat. With a time table, you don't have to worry about that aspect.
With time table, you can easily go inside the kitchen and cook that. But in a situation, you ain't in the mood of eating the food that's in the time table for the day, you can skip and interchange with another menu than going hungry.

Yes. Every Sunday, I do a spreadsheet detailing what I am having during the coming week.

With time table, you can easily go inside the kitchen and cook that. But in a situation, you ain't in the mood of eating the food that's in the time table for the day, you can skip and interchange with another menu than going hungry.
Yea that's true. Maybe later I will try and create a menu at home here.

It's good to plan meals in advance and this way you can also plan all the ingredients you need for cooking

I am not into cooking and have no interest in cooking but I am sure my mom and sister always plan the meals well before time.

Back