Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you like to have cold drink with your lunch or meal?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I have seen this stupid trend where people cannot have their lunch or any meal without any drink so they are relying on that drink whenever they need to finish their meal.

There are times which I enjoy having a cold drink while I eat, but not always. Most times I just prefer water. I don't want to get too addicted to drinks and also for my health. I usually take chilled water though.

No, I never like to have a cold drink with the meal; I prefer to have plain water. I dislike cold drinks, and being diabetic, cold drinks are not allowed for me. I don't like people who are addicted to cold drinks with meals.

I don't think it is a good habit and actually most experts share that we should not have any drink like that during the meal and not even water is recommended

I agree; water is also not good if you drink it in between your meals. It affects your digestive system. I always tell people who drink water in between, but they say they can't stop drinking water. They say they don't mind it.

That's why having a cold drink like coke or Pepsi should be avoided and while having our meal we should not consume any such drinks

I say no to the cold drinks because of the sugar content they have. Because of the diabetes, they are very harmful for me. I always avoid them, even when I am not having them in between meals. Also, people say that they are good for health.

I also dislike these and only have these once a while and its carbonated water so it won't do any good to our body

I do enjoy having a cold, refreshing beverage alongside my lunches and meals. My go-to is typically ice water with lemon, but I'll mix it up with unsweetened iced tea, flavored seltzers, or even a chilled fruit smoothie from time to time.

It depends on the weather conditions for me. If the weather is hot, I will not mind taking cold drinks along with my food. But if it is cold, nah.

I like to drink a small amount of 1% milk with my meals.

Is there a benefit to drinking milk with meals? Maybe I don't know.
I think milk is also a fluid and has the same effects as plain water. It also dilutes the acids that are secreted by our digestive organs, in my opinion.

I have never liked having a cold drink or any carbonated drinks with my meal

I don't do cold drinks with launch. I rather do cold water. I think that is more healthy for me than all the carbonated drinks.

Most times I prefer having these drinks after eating. I feel this way I can actually enjoy it better.

I used to take chilled or cold drinks while eating but for some months now, I cut down on all the drinks that I used to take. I stopped taking carbonated drinks and focus only on water.

You made the right choice. Taking too much of these carbonated drinks can be very harmful for our physical body and organs in general.

I have been very conscious of my health lately and that is why I am consciously avoiding all these sugar laced drinks. I just take them like once in two months or thereabouts.

You made the right choice. Taking too much of these carbonated drinks can be very harmful for our physical body and organs in general.
I am very conscious nowadays and I have started seeing some changes in me. I started being more careful on things that I consumed and it has been helping me to start at alert always.

I am very conscious nowadays and I have started seeing some changes in me. I started being more careful on things that I consumed and it has been helping me to start at alert always.
Same here, there was a time I used to take carbonated drinks multiple times in a single week, but at moment, it could take weeks before i drink one and most times i don't even finish it in a day. Am also being mindful of what I eat or consume.

Back