Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you go to the gym?

Excommunicado

Signing off
Reaction score

Do you go to the gym? If so, how often do you go and what do you do? Weights? Cardio? If not, do you want to start going?

I’ve been going to the gym for 2 years but I only started going consistently almost 2 months ago. I was very lazy until very recently but now I am in absolute Iove with the gym. I only do weight lifting and I go 6 days a week at the moment.

Last edited:
We have at least two gyms close to where I live but I can't say that I use them myself. I know people that do use them and I know they are 24 hours a day so you can go when suits you.

I guess with my busy schedule, being able to take some time out to go to the gym is not something I would be able to do at least not at this time but I know that option is there if I do have the time.

No, I don't at the moment. My schedule is too tight to allow me gym time. Unless, I start working out at home, I don't see myself at the gym anytime soon.

Yes, I have been going to the gym for more than 10 years. Although, I don't used to frequent now like I used to when I started gyming 10 years ago because of work and other personal stuffs.

Yes, I have going to gym in my program. I try as much as possible to visit the gym twice in a week. I wish I could go more often but it's not possible for me to do so at the moment.

I go to the gym once a week due to the work timeline but regularly on weekend means Saturday and Sunday this is to maintain a good health and also lose weight due to sedentary nature of work this is to resume all.

Yes, I go to the gym at least 3 days a week. I try to go for 5 days though. During my gym sessions, I undergo 30mins of cardio and 30mins of weight training. I feel I should focus on some exercises that would help me become more flexible overall.

I don't go out of my house, let alone the gym. :cautious:

The gym is where I want to be every day, but that is not possible considering the level of work that I do on a daily basis. So, what I do most of the times is to ensure that I go to the gym on weekends and train as hard as my body can carry me just to be ready for what the new week will bring.

Before the pandemic of coronavirus, I used to be very active with going to the gym. I would not miss my gym session for any reason as long as I'm healthy. It's only when I'm ill that I would miss my gym session which I will not be happy about. After the pandemic of coronavirus, I go to the gym once in a while.

Before the pandemic of coronavirus, I used to be very active with going to the gym. I would not miss my gym session for any reason as long as I'm healthy. It's only when I'm ill that I would miss my gym session which I will not be happy about. After the pandemic of coronavirus, I go to the gym once in a while.

You meant you were able to go to a public gym during the corovirus era? That sounded off because we were all indoors and I only made use of my gym at home to keep fit. Training is very important to have a very good life, to be honest especially for anyone fighting obesity.

You meant you were able to go to a public gym during the corovirus era? That sounded off because we were all indoors and I only made use of my gym at home to keep fit. Training is very important to have a very good life, to be honest especially for anyone fighting obesity.
Nope, you got me wrong. I meant that before the pandemic of coronavirus struck the world in 2019/2020, I used to go to the gym very well. I would not miss going to the gym because I enjoy it. When COVID started, I couldn't go to the gym again because all the public gym houses closed up.

I go to once every day before to the gym. Due to workload pressure and offline commitment, I have reduced the rate recently to once every two days. During a pandemic, I try to practice at home from time to time.

I go to once every day before to the gym. Due to workload pressure and offline commitment, I have reduced the rate recently to once every two days. During a pandemic, I try to practice at home from time to time.
Everyone whom I knew that used to work out at the gym had to switch to working out at home during the era of the pandemic of coronavirus. You can't go to gym which is locked up to workout. I had friends we create a channel to update our working out progress every day. It helped us to keep it going for long.

Everyone whom I knew that used to work out at the gym had to switch to working out at home during the era of the pandemic of coronavirus. You can't go to gym which is locked up to workout. I had friends we create a channel to update our working out progress every day. It helped us to keep it going for long.

This helped me a lot when I was working out consistently. I had to develop a system where I had a connection with others that we used to go to the gym before the coronavirus pandemic. We communicated our progress via WhatsApp group, and it was a tremendous success for more than 70 per cent of us.

This helped me a lot when I was working out consistently. I had to develop a system where I had a connection with others that we used to go to the gym before the coronavirus pandemic. We communicated our progress via WhatsApp group, and it was a tremendous success for more than 70 per cent of us.
Motivation works very well when working out. If you do not have others who will ginger you into not retracing, you will become very committed to the work out drills. From my experience of working out for years, if you become so used to it, any day when you miss to work out, you will not be happy with yourself. Does it happen to you?

Motivation works very well when working out. If you do not have others who will ginger you into not retracing, you will become very committed to the work out drills. From my experience of working out for years, if you become so used to it, any day when you miss to work out, you will not be happy with yourself. Does it happen to you?

This is the reason I don't think working out alone or without virtually connecting with a friend can be seen as the best decision to make. The reaso is because those that are working out alone will definitely run out of ideas which will affect them in the long-term in terms of continuing to work out. It is different when you have a group that is there to help motivate you to keep working out.

This is usually true. Because the hardest moment is in the beginning. You find that going to the gym is taking up your time and are discouraged from going back until you make some friends there then things differ because you will encourage each other and place objectives in your health together.

This is the reason I don't think working out alone or without virtually connecting with a friend can be seen as the best decision to make. The reaso is because those that are working out alone will definitely run out of ideas which will affect them in the long-term in terms of continuing to work out. It is different when you have a group that is there to help motivate you to keep working out.
It is all about the personal commitment an individual have made with regards to working out to keep fit. If an individual have made the decision to work out without having to do it with a group, he will be serious with it. It may be discouraging at times but his decision will keep him going.

Featured Articles

Back