Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you drink water before or after or between meal?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I prefer to have water only If I need and don't have any habit or plan to have it before or after my meal and many experts say that we should have water only after 30-45 mins of taking our meal.

When it comes to drinking water, I do not have a specific rule. There are times I drink water before eating, then a little while eating and after eating. Then there are times I don't even drink water at all while eating.

But one should make a rule if one wants to keep the digestive system good and ultimately their health. I have always made this rule not to drink water in between meals and to drink it 15 minutes after I finish a meal.

I also drink when I want but ideally, we should not have water between the meal and should have before 1 hour of meal or after 1 hour of meal

I used to take cold drink between the meal.

I try to stay well-hydrated by drinking water consistently throughout the day, including around mealtimes. Before a meal, I'll usually have a glass of water to ensure I'm not mistaking thirst for hunger.

I used to take cold drink between the meal.
Even drinking cold drinks in between the meals is not good. One should take care of not doing it as it's not good for health

I drink water while eating. If I don't, the food tends to hook me in the throat, so I need to drink water to keep washing the food down.

I drink water while eating. If I don't, the food tends to hook me in the throat, so I need to drink water to keep washing the food down.
Maybe you need to chew food more, which will add more saliva to the crushed food and wet it, which will result in swallowing the food easily from the throat to the stomach. Just try this and check if it's useful for you or not.

I only have water if the food is quite spicy otherwise I try to avoid it and have after 30 mins of meal

I feel like it can dilute the stomach acid that's meant for digesting, idk if this is true or stupid. seems true to me and i avoid drinking large glass of water 1 hour before and after big meals like breakfast,lunch & dinner.

I would recommend drinking water half an hour after any meal . This would speed up digestion . Normally food stays 2 hours in the stomach . Max breaking down of food takes place in the first thirty minutes . Water drunk after about 30 minutes aids in thinning the food which improves absorption in the small intestine .

I used to drink water before eating reason being that if I don't drink the water, I will have a dry throat and the food that I am eating will be stuck in my throat.

Though I don't have the specific time I need to drink water, I can drink before or after eating.

When it comes to drinking water, I do not have a specific rule. There are times I drink water before eating. Then a little while eating and after eating.

These days I have started to take water if it's required during my meal and its better not to have it right after the meal or right before the meal

These days I have started to take water if it's required during my meal and its better not to have it right after the meal or right before the meal

Better to take normal or warm water than cold water as it will help in digestion.

I prefer to have water only If I need and don't have any habit or plan to have it before or after my meal and many experts say that we should have water only after 30-45 mins of taking our meal
Many sources inform us to drink it after 30-45 mins after taking our meal

Better to take normal or warm water than cold water as it will help in digestion.
Yes normal water is best but because of hot and humid summers, I am taking cold water only

Yes normal water is best but because of hot and humid summers, I am taking cold water only

Avoid to drink cold water of refrigerator but should drink cold water from earthen pots.

Yes it should be considered as refrigerator water mostly makes us feel sick and that's why we experience regular cough and cold symptoms

Back