Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you buy or rent books?

I have been an astute reader and I have evolved from renting books in high school to buying those books now. I have about 500 books that I have bought over the past 4 years. Most are e books though.

I haven't rented physical books very often, but I've been an avid user of digital book rental services like Kindle Unlimited. There's something appealing about the affordable access to a massive library without having to own every title. For popular books I'll likely only read once, it makes sense to rent rather than buy.

It depends on the type of book it is. When I was still school, I go to the public library to rent textbooks and other course materials that are useful for me. Same goes for the novels too.

I primarily access books through online platforms and libraries. Renting books can be a more cost-effective and space-saving option for those who don't want to keep a large collection. I have rented books in the past from libraries but currently prefer digital platforms for convenience and accessibility.
Same here, majority of the books I have now I got them online. I find getting them online a lot easier, this way I don't have to worry about the space to keep them physically, as I can have over a thousand books on just my smartphone.

I used to rent books when I went to school or college but now I don't need it because if I read a book I know exactly what I will want to read again and in that case it's better to have my own

I buy second hand books , we have a store here which keeps old books and one may buy books at half rates from there. Why should I spend more money when I am getting the books on the lower rates.

Back