Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you believe men and women can ever just be friends?

Absolutely, men and women are capable of forming platonic friendships without any romantic intentions or complications. As long as both people are on the same page about maintaining boundaries and there is mutual respect, gender shouldn't be a barrier to genuine friendship.

Yes and no. Because not all men and women are the same. Some misuse their friendship and some value it like gold.

I have seen very good friends who are so pure that no one would talk bad about their friendship.
I completely agree with you on this. Most guys these days cannot just be friends with girls cause their minds are just too corrupt.

The OP's statement is very silly. Of course, I am friends with many women. Some I'm not sexually attracted to, and others are simply off-limits no matter what lust there is.

The OP's statement is very silly. Of course, I am friends with many women. Some I'm not sexually attracted to, and others are simply off-limits no matter what lust there is.
It might sound silly but the question is not out of line. There are a lot of very close male and female friends out there that one of them harbor feelings for the other. The funny thing is that they would not want to confess their feelings for fear of rejection and ultimately losing the friendship.

It might sound silly but the question is not out of line. There are a lot of very close male and female friends out there that one of them harbor feelings for the other. The funny thing is that they would not want to confess their feelings for fear of rejection and ultimately losing the friendship.
In some cases, but there isn't always sexual attraction. I mean, I'm not interested in all women I know. It's nothing personal, but they just don't float my boat.

In some cases, but there isn't always sexual attraction. I mean, I'm not interested in all women I know. It's nothing personal, but they just don't float my boat.
True, but you are not best friends with all the women you know either. As for me, I always avoid friendship that is too close with women. Why does a lady have to be my best friend anyway? What happened to them guys? 😃

True, but you are not best friends with all the women you know either. As for me, I always avoid friendship that is too close with women. Why does a lady have to be my best friend anyway? What happened to them guys? 😃
Yeah, I don't know about the best friend's thing. Perhaps it can happen when people are children, but as an adult, there is too much sexual stuff involved. Well, best friends aren't the same as a "good friend in a platonic sense".

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know about the best friend's thing. Perhaps it can happen when people are children, but as an adult, there is too much sexual stuff involved. Well, best friends aren't the same as a "good friend in a platonic sense".
Very true, it's extremely hard to have two besties of the opposite sex still remain bestie. If both of them do not develop feelings for one another, then at least one of them would have feelings for the other.

I think on the part of women it happens more often because it is men who fall in love first and that's why the friendship simply disappears, and if someone does not want a relationship, then this may be the end of the friendship altogether

Yes, of course. Due to my asexuality, friends is all I ever can be with a man.

I think on the part of women it happens more often because it is men who fall in love first and that's why the friendship simply disappears, and if someone does not want a relationship, then this may be the end of the friendship altogether
That's true, things would get awkward between them so the friendship would have to end.

Yes, it is possible for a man and woman to be friends. And for that, you need to know the limits, and if you cross those limits, you will definitely have more than friendship between you and her. I know my boundaries and never try to cross them.

Off yes they can be friends but not forever because they will be having feelings of each other’s which will lead to serious relationship

Yes why not. It's possible and even I am friends with a woman and have no such love relation and are just friends

Though these days it can be hard sometimes, especially for the younger generations but it's still possible for this to happen. I have a lot of female friends and that's all we are, just friends.

I am a practical person, it is not possible for me to be really close with a curvy lady and I won't feel like touching. I have a weakness for curves. I won't keep a curvy lady as just a friend. You would say it is because my mind is dirty and I agree.

I can say it with my personal experience. They can be and there are many examples around me to prove that. At present, I can say without doubt that my husband is my best friend. And I have many male friends ( who are straight). They have been my friends from a very long time. And we have shared very healthy relationship..In fact I always had more male friends.

I can say it with my personal experience. They can be and there are many examples around me to prove that. At present, I can say without doubt that my husband is my best friend. And I have many male friends ( who are straight). They have been my friends from a very long time. And we have shared very healthy relationship..In fact I always had more male friends.
In today's society it's just friends and it's not male or female. I have many friends who are girls and we are just friends and have no other feelings for each other.

You are married and it's is wrong for anyone to want to hit on a married woman. I can personally be friends with you, close friends at that because in my mind, I know you are out of reach because you are taken. But a single lady? Quite difficult.

You are married and it's is wrong for anyone to want to hit on a married woman. I can personally be friends with you, close friends at that because in my mind, I know you are out of reach because you are taken. But a single lady? Quite difficult.
Most of them are friends from school and college. I was not married' then. But it was never a romantic relationship with anyone. After my marriage, I have met more male friends at work .

Back